• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS (APC Back-UPS Pro 500) dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guillaume

I have this APC Back-UPS Pro 500 unit I salvaged from my office. When I plug it in, nothing happens (no LED, nada).Could it be that a dead battery would do that? Or is it likely the unit's dead? I would expect at least the "Replace Battery" LED to go off. Before I spend 30$ on a new battery, I'd like to be sure... (btw, anybody knows any deals/tricks on how to get a new battery?)

Could be one of many things. The Smart UPS I recently purchased has a circuit breaker on the back. Maybe yours is tripped or a fuse is blown. Maybe the front switch is damaged.

Check to make sure all connections to the battery are still there. If they are and it isn't working then I guess you could try removing the battery and trying it.

The problem with batteries isn't how hard they are to buy. Disposal of them is a heck of a lot more difficult.

JT

guillaume said:
I have this APC Back-UPS Pro 500 unit I salvaged from my office. When I plug it in, nothing happens (no LED, nada).Could it be that a dead battery would do that? Or is it likely the unit's dead? I would expect at least the "Replace Battery" LED to go off. Before I spend 30$ on a new battery, I'd like to be sure... (btw, anybody knows any deals/tricks on how to get a new battery?)

Ebay, I had a thread up a while back, nit sure if this particular seller is still selling them, but many others do.

Back