• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please identify this thingy! i want one!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chixofnix

ok... it looks like someone stuck deli meat in there, but is there such a device as this, that holds CD/DVD's in a 5.25" bay? that would be sooo cool and potentially handy for a LAN and such... see attached image: :)

...EDIT: and where can I buy one?

Attachments

• 00004725.jpg
    00004725.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 138
...wonder if it's motor-driven... or if it has a blinking LED for opening/closing ^^

i'm thinking it wouldn't be so cool if it were just spring-driven

There were coffee holders and ashtrays in some I've seen. They should make a water fountain there too. Maybe even a tiny toilet...lol.

It's spring driven. Push the button and the tray pops out. Works good if you need a convenient way to carry a few CDs or DVDs around like to LAN party but beyond that I can't think of any useful idea. I got mine from eBay about a year ago for my parents so they won't lose the OS CD. Mine is called "CD HOME" and holds a total of 8 discs.

Although it's a cheap spring loaded tray with no eye candy one creative user could hack LED on using a leaf switch to toggle "open" and "in use" LED on and off. Hmmm... maybe I'll try that when I'm done with my PC.

Son1990 said:
Ya^^^
Thermaltake makes one that has a ciggerette lighter a Cup holder in one
I have one of those. I'd need to remove the lighter (waste of power IMO so I may get rid of it anyway) however if I still wanted a front bezel on Navi...it's lurking in my parts box until I figure out what to do with the thing.

Oooh that thing is sweet. For the longest time I would just leave the drive bay covers off my unoccupied bays and put cd's on top of the optical drives. :p

Now if only that thing would come in black. ;)

Back