• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frodo Baggins

I saw this and my jaw dropped. I've been out of the computer loop for so long and the prices seemed so low! (My main desktop comp is a Duron 950 Mhz with a 14 inch CRT monitor...though I do have a decent laptop).

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=BDL10001012&catid=10607&logon=&langid=EN

A decent processor and an LCD monitor! (Compare to my old desktop above, lol). What do you guys think? I was slightly worried about the motherboard, but I assume that it won't be that cheap, right?

BTW, prices are Canadian.

That's an okay deal, if you ask me. The onboard card isn't very impressive (64MB Intel Extreme Graphics), and the chipset is probably cheap and unstable... But if you don't feel like looking for deals on individual parts, and then building your own, I'd say go for it.

It's not bad. I would call that a good starter machine for internet, desktop publishing and light-weight gaming. It is a very good step up from your previous desktop at a descent pricepoint.

I suspect it will have a limited upgarde capability, (few available slots, maybe even no AGP slot for better graphics card). But if you don't have fancy needs and you do have a limited budget, it would be a good deal.

Back