• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo or Cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bashar

Well this is what I got to day...
Turned on the computer and it started up fine, went to load a game to play and the computer just froze. The only way to shut it off was to hold the power button for over 8 seconds. I then started it up again and got the mobo start-up screen, the one with your bios cpu memory info ect.... I saw CPU was listed as a AMD 1500+ when its not. Then nothing, it froze like that so I had to turn it off again. Now it wont start up all I get is a single beeping sound over and over.

Things I tested....
I tried a diffrent power supply from another case.....
I stuck my memory and 9800pro in this computer so those are fine....
I took my CPU off and cleaned it and stuck some more AS5 on and put it back on....
I cleared my bios with the jumpers.....

Still the same thing... so I guess it's my mobo or CPU, but how do I tell which it is? I don't have anyway of testing either with different hardware. Is there one more step that I have not done yet?

PS>My mobo and cpu are correct in my sig..

You could try pulling the battery and unplugging the system for a good couple of minutes...that might help clear out the BIOS. You could try reseating it again and unplugging everything that's not necessary.

Well if it was a bad cpu would the mobo boot-up to some kinda screen? Guess I'm screw anyway... If I get a new mobo I am going to have to reformat my HD anyway. Guess I might as well just get a new cpu/mobo combo from somewhere. :cry:

on the contrary, most of the time when you buy a new mobo, if it is the same northbrige, you can just boot it right up in safe mode (windows will boot up dont worry) and uninstall the mobo drivers and and reboot, then reinstall the new ones.

Back