• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

:( horrible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

this is the worst experiance i've had in a while
back in June i bought the amd bundle from a member here, along with a case and ram, and i havent gotten it to work
i rma'd the cpu, and it still doesnt work, and im getting mad.
the cpu was borked, and the system doesnt work even with the new one

i want to sell it all, and get a known good xp mobile poc and mobo..but im sure ill lose lots of money selling the stuff, i paid 330 for mobo, proc, and windows64, and ill have to buy windows again...

im just very upset that im having this much trouble, if anyone has any ideas of what i could do, tell me

Why will you have to buy Windows again? And are you sure the CPU is at fault? It could be the motherboard or RAM.

If you never got it to work, did you contact the seller? People shouldn't be selling things that don't work...

he sold it NIB and sealed, i dont think he knew the cpu was damaged :p
i would have to buy windows again if i went for a non 64 bit cpu..i guess i could go for a known good 3000 winchester or something

could i put the mobo and proc on the classifieds to trade to someone for a known good 939 board and a 3000 something? I'd make sure to say the cpu was just got back from rma, but i couldnt get the system to do anything..i just want a working system :(

techun said:
he sold it NIB and sealed, i dont think he knew the cpu was damaged :p
i would have to buy windows again if i went for a non 64 bit cpu..i guess i could go for a known good 3000 winchester or something

could i put the mobo and proc on the classifieds to trade to someone for a known good 939 board and a 3000 something? I'd make sure to say the cpu was just got back from rma, but i couldnt get the system to do anything..i just want a working system :(
You've lost me. It soudns like you have one defective item, just you don't know what it is. Test everything with known working hardware to find out whatsnot working. If the stuff was new theres no way the guy could have known about it. Figure out whats defective, RMA it or talk to the guy you bought it from.

Also, you can always sell windows x64 on ebay and then get the 32 bit version.

i dont have any known good hardware to test with..as far as i know nothing works

if i trade for a 64 bit cpu i can use it

techun said:
i dont have any known good hardware to test with..as far as i know nothing works

if i trade for a 64 bit cpu i can use it

Go buy a cheap stick of DDR, won't cost ya much at all. Or take it all to a local computer shop and have then test it, might cost ya 25 bucks but you'll lose more then that otherwise.

RangerXLT8 said:
Go buy a cheap stick of DDR, won't cost ya much at all. Or take it all to a local computer shop and have then test it, might cost ya 25 bucks but you'll lose more then that otherwise.
Alot of times they will help you out for free, ymmv.

the only computer store we have around here is amazingly overpriced
that antec slk case or whatever is 150 there..
im sure they'll charge me like 120 bucks to find out what's wrong

green led lights, fans spin

im not looking for much technical help, i've had 2 threads on this already
looking for opinions on the classifieds trade, or maybe someone has too much free time and would test it for me :p

techun said:
green led lights, fans spin

im not looking for much technical help, i've had 2 threads on this already
looking for opinions on the classifieds trade, or maybe someone has too much free time and would test it for me :p

Well where do you live? Maybe someone on here is local to you and would give you a hand.

lancaster county pennsylvania, i dont think anyone does :p and i dont drive

Back