• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be faster?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tdamocles

A64 3000 venice platform on an epox 9nda3+:

HTT@308mhz
divider- 133
ram@198mhz

2,2,2,8 2T?

OR

HTT@308mhz
divider- 166
ram@252

3,4,4,8 2T ?

Last edited:
I'd test it, here is how you wanna go about doing that.

http://www.sisoftware.net/

Download the sandra benchmark. Once your done with that you wanna run the memory bandwith benchmark. Test your memory at both speeds and see wich one gives you the most bandwith thats the one you want to run. But I'd guess just based on experiance that I think it will be the one without the divider.

TalRW said:
I'd test it, here is how you wanna go about doing that.

http://www.sisoftware.net/

Download the sandra benchmark. Once your done with that you wanna run the memory bandwith benchmark. Test your memory at both speeds and see wich one gives you the most bandwith thats the one you want to run. But I'd guess just based on experiance that I think it will be the one without the divider.

Both are using dividers but one is running the ram 50mhz faster

spydeymon said:
id think not sure but id say the 133 divider with the ram at 2-2-2 try 1t that would give a nice boost

I'm trying to decide on my next ram purchase. I'm not willing to let go of $160 or more for 1 gig of ram right now. I have an epox 9nda3+ which cannot do 2T on my old BH5. The bH5, at tops, will only do [email protected] volts 2,2,2,8. I'm thinking about buying some TCCCs and wish they can do at least 250mhz or better at 3,4,4,8. I know the cpu can do 2770mhz or so because I ran it with the 133 divider above......

Last edited:
it all depends on what you are using your system for - are your programs memory intensive or raw power intensive.

Mr.Guvernment said:
it all depends on what you are using your system for - are your programs memory intensive or raw power intensive.

Not much of either.....I try to overclock for the sport....

Back