• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman1485

Registered
Okay, here's the deal:
A while back my Neo2 stopped working after a move I made. At the same time I had a skt754 computer that needed to have the mobo RMAed (Neo). Because of that, I had two sets of ram, two vid cards, two cases/power supplies. With these extras I was able to test all the components of the broken skt939 computer. When I booted it with a stick of ram in slot 1, I got nothing. When I booted with one stick in slot 2, I got long sustained beeps (memory error?).
So, I went out and bought a brand new motherboard to test out (another neo2). That didn't solve the problem. So I got a new processor and tested it - still didn't work. I still got the same errors with my Ballistix ram and my Corsair.
So, I went out and got a Neo4 and a cruddy PCI-express card. Finally I got it to turn on!
I RMAed both MSI boards and got them back a week or so ago.
I hooked up the skt754 system, and it worked. I'm using it right now.
The socket 939 system, however, still doesn't work. I managed, by some fluke, to get it to post twice in a row. However, I didn't have the floppy plugged in and needed that to install the RAID drivers. As soon as I put that in it stopped working. To this day, no matter what combo I do I can't get it to boot!

Back