• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wont post...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sicloan

Okay, here's my problem

I came home 2 nights ago from a friends house, and everything seemed fine on my computer. i checked my email and a few websites and then went to bed. The next morning i went into my computer room, which is right next to mine. and noticed the breaker had been switched, and both my computers / tv were off.

My dad had been doing some work on our house outside that room and had used the plugs on the same wall for his compressor / table saw. What happened was the compressor turned on in the middle of the night and overloaded the circuit. It probably wasnt doing it before becuase i had not plugged in my cellphone to charge or my ipod. SO when those things went on the breaker it overloaded it.

Anyway, i woke up, ate breakfast and flipped the breaker. Then, going back down to my computer room i tried to turn it on. Nothing happened. I confirmed the power strip had been on and that everything seemed fine. I then proceded to check the power on the PSU and still no post.

I then turned on my brothers computer which is right next to mine to make sure there was power there, his booted perfectly.

From there, i took everything apart on my rig. Fixed up my watercooling loop (shortened tubing). and put everything back together. Again, no post.

I tested the power switch and the power supply using spares i had. I also swapped my memory and unplugged all periferals.

Basically all i have left to test are my cpu, which might be possible if my bro will let me use his computer, and the motherboard.

Whats wierd though is when i then on the PSU, i get power to the motherboard, becuase the light on ther motherboard is on. I dont know if this means the motherboard is still good, but it might be an indicator. I am also not recieving any beep codes. :shrug: :shrug:

My only real option at this point is to upgrade my motherboard, which doesnt seem logical in my oppinion.

Basically i need a new motherboard and processor, as well as possibly ram (ddr2) and video card. I want to get a PCI-express card but ill have to sell my current BFG 6800gt as well as my hopefully working processor. I dont want to spend the money on a motherboard for my dieing socket type is why i would upgrade.

If anyone knows any other ways i can test my motherboard, please let me know. Im desperate to get this thing running ASAP. Im going to try and test the processor in the other machine tonight. hopefully that works.

Back