• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Secure Shredder?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

komm

I'm looking for a program that can clean the empty slots of my hard drive... I've heard of them before, but can't remember them. I realize that files are not deleted via the recycle bin, and wish to delete them to satisfy my disposition as a clean freak. An example would be Spybot's shredder... although it doesn't work quite the way I hoped.

Mutilate File Wiper (mutilatefilewiper.com) worked for me. shareware but you can use the time limited wiper for free. If you have lots of free spaces to wipe and you want medium or high setting you will need to either pay for the shareware fee or look for "free" serials.

I'd recommend this one.

komm said:
I'm looking for a program that can clean the empty slots of my hard drive... I've heard of them before, but can't remember them. I realize that files are not deleted via the recycle bin, and wish to delete them to satisfy my disposition as a clean freak. An example would be Spybot's shredder... although it doesn't work quite the way I hoped.
Simple... Grab a hammer and smash away. All gone!

Back