• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My FSB and mem show different speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ochungry

Hi all,
first of all, I would like to thank everyone here who has helped me in every which way learning and giving advice to better understand overclocking and picking up right stuff for it. Special thanks to Overclocker forums for the stickies w/ tons of info, guidelines, and links. this is a great site w/ great members. thanks
Here I have learned that burning-in ram/cpu will greatly affects better overclocking and system stability. I could not Overclock my system before burn-in specially with a mobo that "had" 1.5 v for cpu-top
Thanks to cpu burn-in and prime95(torture test) after 24 hrs of burn-in, my system overclocks and is stable. And for some reason my cpu voltage can be set as high as 1.55 (.05v higher than before) in BIOS. This is what I don’t understand. Did the burin-in increase my cpu v setting in BIOS or was it an accident?
Please also check the html(sorry for html, only way I could post it) shot of my cpuz shows my cpu fsb @ 210x9, but my ram speed shows 135x14. I have set my cpu fsb to 210 and ram @500mhz, but I don’t understand why cpuz show different. I am overclocking little at the time and burning-in afterward, hoping to reach highest one step at the time.
Your help greatly appreciated.
my cpu-z

ochungry said:
Please also check the html(sorry for html, only way I could post it) shot of my cpuz shows my cpu fsb @ 210x9, but my ram speed shows 135x14. I have set my cpu fsb to 210 and ram @500mhz, but I don’t understand why cpuz show different.
All that make no sence to me what so ever. You have to be alot more specific. Try a different uploader like photo bucket.

Moto7451 said:
Memory dividers that aren't 133 (2/3), 166 (5/6), or 200MHz (1:1) will do that.
I see!
I changed my FSB to 220 and my mem to 233(466mhz) and now only my CPU shows 220x9 and the ram speed table in cpuz does'nt show any fsbx135..and this part is grayed out. Does this mean i have corrected the devider (5/6 2/3,etc..) ?
Thanks

Moto7451 said:
Memory dividers that aren't 133 (2/3), 166 (5/6), or 200MHz (1:1) will do that.

My mobo does not have divider or ram v setting but the ram can be set as high as 500 mhz. w/ timing too(cl,tras,.. etc). I might hotflash BIOS-shame.
But this Report "Everest Home Edition" shows my ram to be pc2400.
Also would like to know- Do you add the read and write bandwidth to arrive at the total memory bandwidth? the report shows my mem read @ 5936mb/s and mem write @ 2210mb/s. is this any good?

I did more burn-in and played around in the BIOS and have produced better result. But you must understand my chaintech mobo is very limited-it only goes as high as 232 cpu fsb and limited ram tweaking (no divider, vdim, etc.)
Please look at this Report and see if am doing ok. thanks.
PS:Report is 62k zip file and was 2.6mb too long to download. apologies for inconvenience.
If not want to download the report- basically it shows my ram speed : read= 6140mb/s; write= 2425mb/s; and memory latency= 41 ns
is this any good for 232x9=2088mhz? and ram @ 142x14
your reply much appreciated

Back