• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which to choose

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

farfromrice

Registered
I have a few questions on which ram to buy (i know I read the stickies) but my question is should I get 2 x 512mb sticks cause I really want 2gb's on my current system but can only afford 1gb as of right now. I pushed some corsair vaule ram a little too far and now I get the blue screen of death. I plan to oc my system like mad soon as I go water cooled after I get back from Iraq. My mobo is an Nf7-s and I was wondering what brand of ram works the best my price range is about $150 on the high side thankx once again in advance FarFromRice

Dude. I'm glad that I'm not the only one here in Iraq:).

Back on subject.
PC3200 isn't running 1:1? I could get to 232MHz at 2.5-4-4-10 and 229MHz at 2.5 3-3-8 on my Corsair VS.

Patriot makes good ram sticks and come with a lifetime warranty. Keep in mind that the NF7-S does not OC great with 2x512 sticks. To get high FSB you need to use a bios with CPC off(2T).

So you would recomend me to buy a gig stick of ram instead of 2x 512mb sticks. Due to my motherboard. Could you recomend any good 1gig sticks that can over clock I really want to push it pretty far. Thankx once again

I am not sure how well 2 gigs will overclock on a NF7-S. I have not seen many people use that much ram on the board. I know for sure low latency 512 sticks will do 220~230 1T and 240~255 2T. It comes down to if you really want 2 gigs then give it a shot, otherwise 2x512 most likely will give you the best OC.

Back