• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raptor and P5AD2 Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beastiedk

Registered
Hi

I am sure this has been posted before but cannot find anything!
I have a P5AD2-E Premium and just bought a 74Gb Raptor where I want to install XP Pro (Just one, no RAIDs)

I have an IDE DVD drive ( I managed to install win before with this DVD and this mobo in a different Sata HHDD but cant remember how)

Anybody please give the way to connect the stuff? Right now after win install loads drivers, it cannot find any hhdd devices.

Sil controller detects the Raptor OK

it is quite urgent, thanks a lot!

Ok here's what ya do. Looking at the P5AD2-E hanging on my wall, I can tell you to connect the raptor to the red Master SATA_1 port. Connect the ATA optical drive to the blue Primary IDE connector. In the bios under onboard device configurations make sure all the controllers are set to operate in IDE mode. Then under boot>device priority> set the raptor 1st and the optical drive 2nd. When you go to install XP hit F8 during post to enter boot device selection and select to boot off of the optical drive containing the XP CD. Any other problems post back and we'll be glad to help. I'm pretty sure this should work, though my P5AD2-E is retired and hanging on my wall and not im my box.

Back