• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

big newegg let-down -Resolved-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

Ok, well, I am modding my X800pro and needed a good all-copper flat bottomed heatsink with 70mm fan. I ordered it from newegg last thursday and it got to my house yesterday. I was happy because the trimmers and thermal paste arrived the same day. I went and got the cobalt drill bit, the nuts and bolts for mounting, and a new soldering iron yesterday afternoon. I got home and opened the newegg box. I found the heatsink's box which looked a little beat, and the free newegg sticker. I opened the box, and I found an all-copper socket 478 heatsink with 70mm fan. Just what I wanted, NOT! The fan had a big sticker on it saying that thermaltake refused the rma because it is not their manufactured product! I looked at the bottom and see some used thermal goo in the shape of a p4 heatspreader. I was like omg, what is this? The heatsink and fan are definately not thermaltake. Infact, I can't find a brand anywhere. Either way, I just said whatever. I need to get this mod done before sunday when I go to college. So I got prepped to do the mod and actually did the volt-modding of my x800pro (another newegg item). When I got ready to measure the holes for the heatsink, I realized that the imposter used heatsink didn't have a flat copper base that was wide enough to accomodate the holes, like the thermaltake one is. I then got the idea to just order a new one last night that due to newegg's very fast service should arrive in time, but newegg apparently doesn't carry the "Thermaltake P4 Spark 5 70mm Ball Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail" any more. So now I have a used heatsink that I can't use for anything. I can't rma it for a replacement because I'll be long gone when it gets back. Another thing, will they even accept it? It is not even the right product. They'll probably claim I am trying to pull a quick switch on them or something. Just shipping the heatsink back to them is about 40% of the cost of it already. Newegg really let me down this time. I'm worried that I wont be able to finish this mod up when I get to college. On top of that I already spent the money on everything I need, I just don't have what I need. I think newegg should ship the right items, not a look-alike, and brand new items when they are bought as such. I got my x800pro running 630 core 546 mem without any mods and wanted to see how far it could go, but it looks like I won't be able to know untill it gets obsolete or I buy a new card to replace it. :cry:

Thank you for taking the time to post your informative forum thread. We truly apologize for this unfavorable experience. Please provide me with your sales order number, customer number, or any information that may help me find your account and look into the issue. Rest assured that we will come upon the most reasonable solution to this unfavorable experience.

Thank you for your time and patience,
Jason, Newegg Customer Support.

Sounds to me like a NewEgg slip up as a result of a previous customer doing a fraudulent RMA. NewEgg probably returned the heatsink as they received it to Thermaltake. They saw it wasn't theirs, so they sent it back. NewEgg probably assumed Thermaltake would send back a brand new heatsink. Then they passed off what they thought was a brand new heatsink to you.

Just be glad NewEgg isn't BestBuy. Talk to customer support, and they will kiss your boo boo and put a bandaid on it, and then it will feel all better.

Newegg Support said:
Thank you for taking the time to post your informative forum thread. We truly apologize for this unfavorable experience. Please provide me with your sales order number, customer number, or any information that may help me find your account and look into the issue. Rest assured that we will come upon the most reasonable solution to this unfavorable experience.

Whoa i didnt kno there were reps lurking in forums o_O - only makes newegg look even better to have sentry's watching and hearing :clap:

Newegg Support said:

Oh yes!!

Jason ROCKS!

Could you guys see a Fry's rep show up here? He'd probably need a rock-proof suit, because I know quite a few people that would be throwing them.

HARD!!

(Where's my rock pile?)

And, we won't mention CompUSSR!

steve

The Egg watches all, I am scared now, lol...

Ummm.... I <3 all my Egg purchases. :)

OMG! I take back all I said. Newegg offered me an even more expensive replacement and free gift and had it overnighted to my house free of charge! It got here this morning! Newegg is definately the best. I couldn't ask for more.

I could... Please ship internationally!!!! :D :D

We need a good component shop over here :cry:

Other companies may occasionally have a better price, but you always know if theres a problem, Newegg will go above and beyond the call of duty to make it better.

Jason is amazing, he recently just helped me get my friend's case/power supply shipped back to newegg because the psu failed. He offered to help pay for the shipping costs or giving a credit towards the purchase of a new power supply. The best customer service around afaik.

dude that is sweet..
I've had to RMA 3 things (2 refurbs and 1 dvd burner) rock solid relationship and fast shipping..couldn't complain...
I don't mind paying a few dollars more ever to Newegg because their prices are always competitive, but service is priceless! or at least a couple bucks more to me hehe

Back