• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally overclocked!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chr0nik

I decided to try overclocking my cpu (Pentium Celeron D 2.4 Prescott) on a P4MAM-V mobo and I tried it just now and it seemed to have worked but I dunno whether the amount given for the FSB is alright or not.. Also I'm trying to push it forward to 2.9 but I dunno whether this will burn the mobo.. since the limit is 3.06.

Here's a pic of the results (is this alright?):

Attachments

• over.gif
    over.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 148
that is a good start to ya oc

what are you looking for an oc that will be set and used every day or just for fun to see how high you can get it to go?

*Edit* welcome to the forum :welcome:

bazx said:
that is a good start to ya oc

what are you looking for an oc that will be set and used every day or just for fun to see how high you can get it to go?

*Edit* welcome to the forum :welcome:

I'm looking forward for something that I can use every day and play games on it

You have a good processor. I don't know if your motherboard is going to let you get the highest overclock you are capable of, but I have seen the same processor at 3.2 GHz on stock cooling, and you are looking at more like 3.6 GHz with good cooling. First see how far you can push it on the board you have, and see if you are happy with your results before you upgrade anything.

Good first overclock and welcome to the forums! :welcome:

well as Scott9027 has already said you have a good oc'in cpu there

the only thing that will hold you back is heat from the cpu but even stock
3ghz is no problem

good luck

Thanks for the welcoming!!!

I realised that my mobo can only go up to 3.06ghz and I would like to go up to 2.8/2.9ghz.. would that be an issue? The cooler I use is the standard one that came with the processor.. is that any good to overclock on that mobo up to 2.8/2.9ghz?

I tried to put it on 2.8ghz but when I tried to boot the pc the pc would start but nothing appears on the screen. The CD lights appear and it seems that everything is booting as normal but nothing appears.. can somebody tell me how can I revert the change made?

please help because I'm really nervous at the moment..

Last edited:
well u simply restart your computer and then go back into bios.. and change it back down.. remember to change the speed in SMALL INCREMENTS.. and then u just up the voltage a bit and raise fsb.. then do it again untill u found the max.

You probably wont get very high with a stock coolre as you will see your temps raise to hell.. i personally dont go over 50C.. i like to stay in the low 50's. Make sure you have a temp monitoring program or something loike motherboard monitor

All you need to do is reset the CMOS. Check your motherboards manual to find the location of the battery or jumper. You can either take out the battery for a minute and then put it back in and boot it up, or change the jumper to the clear CMOS setting and leave it there for 10 seconds and then put it back and boot. Good luck.

Thanks!!! it worked!!! i had to remove the cmos jumper and put it back in.. I got it back to 2.70ghz and the temp varies from 36C to 43C.. is that normal?

Again, thanks!

First off, the problem may be because the RAM is only PC2100 DDR SDRAM. With PC2100 DDR SDRAM, you're even lucky to get 150 mhz.

Back