• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP half instanned: how do you delete?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wachter

Registered
I have Windows XP installed partially on my new computer. This was a relatives disk and we did not have a CD key, so I have another copy to install. The first one was SP2 and this one is SP1.

The message that I get is the following:

"The signature for Windows XP Professional is invalid. The error code is 800B0100.

No signature was present in the subject."

Reformat the drive? XP gives you partitioning and formatting options before installation, or you can format the drive from within windows on another pc.

Don't have another pc to work with. So it has to be with this computer.

Xp disk has those options on it.(formatting, partions, fat 32 and ntfs)

Put your disk in the cd rom and away you go. Take your time and read.

fordman

Just boot from the new XP CD, and delete the existing partition. Then create new partitions as needed, format, and install the good copy.

when I start up my computer with the disk in the CD-ROM, it loads windows, then says "restarting setup", and it takes me right back to the enter CD-Key screen. There is nothing about partitions or anything. I don't have the CD key for that xp boot CD. I do have the CD key for another windows xp CD, but like I said it always loads that one.

Yeah, watch for the prompt to boot from the CD. Also check to make sure the CD drive is set to boot first in BIOS.

Back