• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo BayOne Extreme/A7n8x deluxe---Please help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trick

Registered
I have an older chieftec server case with no usb or mic front ports. So I bought a Soyo BayOne extreme off of the bay. I like the looks of it and it is just what I have been needing.

BUT, the cords that came with it are nothing near what my a7n8x deluxe has. The two green plugs in the pic are what I need 4 spots on my board. (There are two cables, I just took a pic of one) The black end in the pic that plugs into the bayone is what my mobo has one of.

So please tell me what I can do!!! Is there a USB 2.0 pci card that I can buy that has 4 of those type of plugs? Some kind of adapter I can use to plug thos 4 into one? Anything, I want to use this! I take a lot of pics of stuff for ebay and the card reader is needed badly. Not to mention my ole lady wants the front usb ports for her rio. :)

Thanks!
Ric
soyo001.jpg

soyo002.jpg

only 10 views? bummer. if anyone sees this please help me out. I don't know anything about usb cards and not sure what to look for.

I never hooked up my USB/FireWire ports to my A7N8X-E Deluxe because the wires from my case were marked totally different than what my MotherBoard called for. I just never hooked them up, but I thought I would give this post a bump in hopes someone has advice on how to hook them up.

On a side note, I believe the black plug that has the filled in plug. I think that is an un-needed ground, but I am not positive.

Back