• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TwinMos-Mtec mem...can`t find info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buraz

Registered
:bang head
this is my memory
2x256 PC3200 DDR Twinmos

Mtec

TTD7608F8E50D

I can`t find any info for it....can someone help me :bang head

I need info to know how much can I push up the FSB on my NF7-S

thanks

I know it cold be that or UTT, well it luks like I`ll be doing a lot of testing...thanks

What is the information that is on the paper stickers...that will help identify the chips.

Also, above the code that you posted is a five-digit date code, which ends in either a letter or digit. If you will post both of those bits of info, maybe we can identify the chips used.

The other clue, if it is Winbond UTT are physical markings. The chips will have the two trademark Winbond "dimples" on either side of those codes above and it will have a small hole in the lower left hand corner and on each edge (left and right) of the IC there will be two metal strips/staples visible. If you have these markings, then you are almost assured of having Winbond chips.

buraz said:
I know it cold be that or UTT, well it luks like I`ll be doing a lot of testing...thanks

Yea see how they respond to slightly higher Vdimm but active cool them just in case. You can usually tell which chip it is by how well it responds to certain timings and voltages.

When I come home I will teke them down, make some pictures of them an post them here....then you will have more info....then we will se which one are they

thanks for the info

this is writen on chips
M.tec
0406D
TTD7608F8E50D
it is one sided RAM 256MB PC3200

there is a small dent on one side of chips, when I look on the side I can see two small dots on ich side of chips

my english is not so good so I hope you understand what I am trying to say

Attachments

• ram.JPG
    ram.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 241
here is a picture of RAM chip

Attachments

• chip.jpg
    chip.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 231
here is a side shot of chip

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 224
PLS I need to know is it winboud or something alse....an what kind....so that I know what moded BIOS would be best for me

thanks

i thin it is.....becuse yesterday I maxed out at 220FSB

thanks for everything

AADT is PowerChip.
Date ending in "D" is PowerChip.

Chip in the pic is made 2004/06. No UTT or any other Winbond ddr-ram was in production that point of time.

Last edited:
I know that the "D" designation is a PowerChip part for the Speed Premiums, but I wasn't sure if the M.tec labeled "value ram" was using the same coding scheme as the "parent" label, TwinMOS.

The pics of the PowerChip ICs used in the Speed Premiums review per the attached link do not resemble the ICs in the pics posted above. The SP chips have the small single hole in the lower corner that those pictured above do not have.

That is why I made the comment that there are no pics with which to confirm that those modules above are using the PowerChip ICs.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/TwinMOS/SpeedPremium

If your M.tec are in fact using the PC IC, then the linked article above should give you a good indication of what you can expect from your chips.

Hmm. There's a strange dimple in the end of the chip.

The coding is of a (PSC) Powerchip's IC but it doesn't look like the one's seen in recent TwinMos' modules.
It's something from Powerchip that TwinMos doesn't use anymore. :shrug:

weell when I push my FSB over 220 I get RAM error beeps even with 2,9 VDIMM....so I think that is MAX for my RAM

OT question is thera a way to get VDIMM higher without VMOD-ing my MOBO

Big thanks to everyone for their input

http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~yok/TENJIKAN-DDR.htm

Per the pics of ICs showing up in that linked site, Elpida seems to be the only actual manufacturer that has the dimple on the end of the chip like the one on the M.tec above. The others that have some ICs with it are module makers, not actual foundries, if I'm not mistaken (which I could be).

The other thing to keep in mind is that, per my understanding, there are only a few types of machines that "package" the ICs so it is possible to have similar looking ICs from different companies. Winbond was unique with its two larger dimples, small hole and "staples" on the sides and also Micron, which has the half circle cut out at the end with the white edge around the edge of the cutout is unique. Infineon, Hynix and Samsung are also consistent in their packaging, but some of the others are hard to keep up with.

With respect to the question about higher memory voltages without a mod...DDR Booster, if your mobo is compatible.

Back