• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual channel vs more mbs...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorilly

ive got 2x512mb sticks running in dual channel,

thanks to ebuyer messing up i just recieved another 2x512mb, if i put them in my computer will no longer be in dual channel right?

whats better 2gb or 1gb in dual channel?

You will still be in dual channel but with four sticks you will be forced to run under 2T command rate. 2GB will definetly be better if you are running RAM hungry apps like games/BF2 or any other vid editing programs.

That is true on an A64 system, but gorilly is running a P4. I would check the motherboard manual to see how 4x512 will effect it. Do you have 4 slots to put it in? If it is a case of DC versus more ram, then it depends on the kinds of applications you are running. For some kinds of tasks more ram is the ticket to better performance.

With a P-4 system you need 2 matched sticks or 4 matched sticks to run dual channel. What you have now should work.

hi,

thanks for your replys,

i was running on a P4 system but ive just got my venice 3200 through with a DFI NF4 SLI D board.

so you think more is better?

whats 2t?

the sticks are different so there is no way i will be getting dual channel 2gb

Even if the sticks are different, you'll still be running dual channel.

More should be better in most cases. Some benchmarks scores like 3DMark might go down, but overall performance should go up.

Back