• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 loads default fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vixenk

Registered
About a week ago my AI7 started booting up with the default fsb setting for my cpu instead of the oced setting I had it at. It doesn't do it every time I boot up my computer, just about 1/3 of the time, and once it does it it continues to do it until I go into soft menu and press F8 and then F10 to resave the settings. When I go into the soft menu the settings are exactly the way I left them. In other words, the BIOS remembers the settings I had it at, it just chooses not to start up with them...???? Could this be the CMOS battery failing? The only thing that's kept me from thinking it is is the fact that it doesn't actually reset itself to default everything, just chooses not to load the settings at startup.

I think something with your overclock isn't stable. Under certain circumstances the board will load defaults if it can't post due to an "overclock failure". I wish I could offer more info, but I've had cases where I'd have to reset the cmos to get it to post and other cases where the board loads default setting to post. I couldn't tell you which settings caused which recovery method.

I recall overly aggressive ram timings and/or GAT settings resulted in clearing the cmos.

What bios is the Ai7 flashed to? I'd firstly recommend updating this. If the problem continues, try backing off your overclock say 10MHz off the FSB. It could just be the mobo doesn't like booting at a high FSB. You can always overclock more once you are in windows.

Scott.

Back