• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some help with DDR2.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

Ok well soon i intend to get an intel system. I dont really want to spend more than $220 on 1-2gb of decent to good ddr2.

System i am proposing :
P4 670
Asus p5dw2 premium
memory ??
vcard i havent decided yet.
Powerstream 520.

I have the rest of the parts i need. I just dont know jack about DDR2, i wouldnt mind having 2gb of it for bf2.

Thanks all.

trueplaya4ever8 said:
System i am proposing :
P4 670
Asus p5dw2 premium

Nice pick for motherboard, but why the 670? Just get a 630 or 640 and overclock the snot out of it. Not only will you save a lot of cash, but the high FSB will give you more performance.

Ok, for 2 gig (2X1024) of DDR2 RAM if you want to stay under $200 I see at least three decent choices: OCZ value series, Corsair Value Select, and Kingston Value RAM. All of these will work fine and overclock all right, but you'll have to use relaxed timings, which is ok on an Intel system. If you want tighter timings, you will have to spend more.

If you go with 2X512 and want faster RAM (PC2-5400) with better timings, then get the Mushkin High Performance series, or the OCZ Gold series (give 'em more voltage and they'll do lots better than advertised specs),

Last edited:
batboy said:
Nice pick for motherboard, but why the 670? Just get a 630 or 640 and overclock the snot out of it. Not only will you save a lot of cash, but the high FSB will give you more performance.

Ok, for 2 gig (2X1024) of DDR2 RAM if you want to stay under $200 I see at least three decent choices: OCZ value series, Corsair Value Select, and Kingston Value RAM. All of these will work fine and overclock all right, but you'll have to use relaxed timings, which is ok on an Intel system. If you want tighter timings, you will have to spend more.

If you go with 2X512 and want faster RAM (PC2-5400) with better timings, then get the Mushkin High Performance series, or the OCZ Gold series (give 'em more voltage and they'll do lots better than advertised specs),

Getting a really good *** deal on it.

Last edited:
Back