• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What choices do I have for DDR600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSFP

I got a A64 3000+ that overclocks with the stock cooler to 2.7GHz rock stable.
The prolem is that the 3000+ only has an 9x multiplier so I need to have 300 HTT to achieve that speed.

I currently got some UTT ram but I an disappointed with the dividers and I can not be rockstable at any reasonable speed so I want to change them for some RAM that will do 300MHz 1:1 with whatever timmings BUT in 1T mode...
Currently I only know the G.Skill FF series that can do that and its too expensive , 346 euros in Europe. Is there any other option I got?

The patriot is very tempting in price, but can I find it in europe? An is it in 1T? because I have seen many DDR600 ram that is 2T and you dont find that out until its too late....like the Vitesta A-data, or the other G.skil modules other than the FF...

all the memory in question is TCCD/TCC5 that I posted, my ddr533's are at ddr600 in 1T :)

dunno about europe tho, i'm sure somone around here does...

some TCCD do DDR600 1T and some donot, so I dont want anything rated at 533 and just hope....
Is it sure that the patriot are rated at 1T? If so then all I want to know is where to find them in europe...

OSFP said:
The patriot is very tempting in price, but can I find it in europe? An is it in 1T? because I have seen many DDR600 ram that is 2T and you dont find that out until its too late....like the Vitesta A-data, or the other G.skil modules other than the FF...

Rattle given you excellent mem choices.

Here is Patriot XBLK DDR400 for $157 at newegg.
They go as high as 320mhz. I think is the same as the DDR 600 stock but you can do it yourself and save $25. Unfortunately when last looked newegg was out of stock. wait couple of days and am sure will be available.
OCZ rev2, mushkin, crucial are also good mem too but I am very happy w/ my patriot.

OSFP said:
some TCCD do DDR600 1T and some donot, so I dont want anything rated at 533 and just hope....
Is it sure that the patriot are rated at 1T? If so then all I want to know is where to find them in europe...

Both UPS and FedEx have worldwide service. Check w/ newegg to see if ship
to your location. am sure they would w/ ups or fedex

OSFP said:

like i said man the DDR533 in that link I posted is in my machine machine doing what it says in my SIG :)

You may find you can get DDR600 with any set of TCCD/TCC5. Generally you can get there if you're willing to relax the timings. Also your memory controller and mb have a bit to do with it also.

Newegg does not ship internationally. Its clearly stated in the site at the shipping information.

Like I said before I wanna be sure I can hit 300MHz 1T. I have seen TCCD go all the way to 320 or fail after 270 with 1T....I dont wanna leave it to luck...

The board is a DFI NF4 SLI-D and the CPU is a Venice already running at 300HTT on that board. I only need capable RAM...

Well, after a full day's search, the only patriot I can find in Europe is this :

http://www.memory-configurator.com/brand/PATRIOT/PDC1G3200-XBLK.html

for 221 euros with shipping costs included. It's not the PC4800, (rated as high as PC4200 as I can see) and the price is not nearly as good as in the US (for those wondering, 221 euros is about 261 US dollars). For comparison's sake, the same site has the OCZ PC4800 for 289 euros.

Give me your opinion, and most importatly, if any european guy here can point me to any other site I have missed, please do so.

largon said:
1T is not a chip's oc-ability. It's a memcontroller ability only.

Sounds sensible, but then why G.skill charges more for the DDR600 that is guaranteed to run 1T than the DDR600 that is only guaranteed for 2T?

OSFP said:
Well, after a full day's search, the only patriot I can find in Europe is this :

http://www.memory-configurator.com/brand/PATRIOT/PDC1G3200-XBLK.html

for 221 euros with shipping costs included. It's not the PC4800, (rated as high as PC4200 as I can see) and the price is not nearly as good as in the US (for those wondering, 221 euros is about 261 US dollars). For comparison's sake, the same site has the OCZ PC4800 for 289 euros.

Give me your opinion, and most importatly, if any european guy here can point me to any other site I have missed, please do so.

I know pc3200 xblk runs @310fsb=DDR620, as a poster in newegg has indicated. But i dont know why the euro website shows blue color. neweggs is red. Wouldnt it be cheaper if you arrange w/ UPS/FEDEX directely and buy them from newegg?
Check those here who have OCZ and see if anyone has reached 300 w/ ocz.
The timing that shows for DDR466 on that euro website may be little exadurated. I couldnt ran mine @ 2-3-3-6 232fsb. It may be my mobo. Best is you try your ram on auto without raising your cpu and see your ram @ 600 what the timing it shows. and have that as a guide.

Is there some way to test if my memory controller can take 300HTT 1T then? I am at 300HTT now but with a divider so I don't think it means anything....and obviously I don't have the lucury of borrowing some friends ram that can do 300MHz....so is there any other way? Because I dont want to buy some 300MHz ram only to run it at 2T...the performance of 2T is really pahtetic, I may as well stay in my current situation if so...

Back