• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this get any better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ochungry

Ok, I finally have a grasp of OC'ng my machine @ 1:1 ratio.
I tried odd ratios and just raised my mem speed and got some good benchmarks for it. But this 1:1 ram:fsb gives me about 1500mb/s more bandwidth and have tried it and is faster. The problem is that my mobo cant go higher than 232fsb, and there is no volt setting for ram. I can raise my vcore to 1.55v but did not need it w/ these patriot XBLK DDR400.
Here what I have done: 232x9 to get 2088mhz for my A64 3000+ and ram at 232 MHz 2.5-3-3-8.wish could have done more if had better mobo, but for a noob it is a good starter. hopefully I can find a bios that can hotflash it. not yet because am waiting for chaintech updates since its a new mobo out w/ ULi m1689. nuff said lets get back to business.
my vcore is set to 1.475v. With this timing, machine is stable. and I get 7422mb/s bandwidth and broken down in my Everest benchmark to: 6099mb/s read, 2537 Mb/s write and 44.5 ns latency. I had better latency without 1:1 but lower bandwidth.
Please take a look at this Benchmark and tell me if is any good, or can do better.
Thanks for the help.
Please scroll down to get to ram benchmark

Last edited:
Thanks to burn-ins for cpu and ram, now I am able to change my ram timing to 2-3-3-6. I used CPUBurn-in and Prime95 (ram torture) both at the same time for 12 hours and now I get better results. These burn-in programs really work. I strongly suggest to everyone to burn-in 24-48 hrs before OC’NG and then get their limits on OC and burn-in again 12-24 hrs(both programs).
although I did not get much improvements on read and write w/ new setting(2-3-3-6), my ram latency dropped to 43ns, a 1.5ns improvement.
I am burning-in more w/ this new setting and try tighter timing and will let you all know.
Incase wants proof Here it is.
Thanks

Back