• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not Sure What Happened

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twangansta

I'm new to this forum, and kind of new to overclocking, but I read most of the guides in these forums and at Xtremesystems before trying.

My system specs are in my signature. A few days ago I tried to OC my new RAM, using Easytune since my BIOS won't let me change my CPU Voltage settings. I got my RAM to 266mhz at 2.8 volts (HT x 3, CPU x 9, 2.5-4-4-8) and ran Prime95, but it failed the test. I also used SuperPI but that failed too, and I let it sit for a couple of hours. Then I tuned it to 250mhz at 2.8 volts and it worked fine, passing SuperPi and Prime95 for many hours. I played various games, such as Battlefield 2 and the FEAR Demo.

But the next day, I booted up my comp and used Easytune to OC again, but it froze my computer. I reinstalled Easytune thinking it was this problem, but it still froze. Today, I reformatted my hard drive (from Windows 2000 to XP) and tried again but it still freezes my computer.

I'm not sure what happened, and I would be glad if you guys could help out. Right now my RAM is running stable at 2-3-3-6 at 200mhz. I don't think I burned the RAM out, or any other part of my computer, but I'm not ruling out the possiblity.

EDIT:
Friend helped me to fix the problem.

Last edited:
Back