• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aadan

Registered
I have corsair mem "see my sig for details on my system" and I have tried everything 2.5-3-3-6 3-3-3-8 and everything in between. With v of 2.60-2.90 with 1t and I get dll errors or other strange things, and the random shutdown when playing bf2 or other games. It also will shut down out of the blue when running memtest. I don't know what stage it does it on or after how long "watched it for 30-45 mins and it was fine next morning its off"

If I set the system to 3-3-3-8 2t v2.75 it runs fine. waiting for corsair to RMA this for me but I am curious if anyone else has seen these type issues with these boards and corsair ram. I have since ordered the OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) from newegg hoping it works better.

At this point any suggestions are welcome haha :beer:

I'm having the same problem with my brand new memory.

System:
Intel 3.2E
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe Mobo
1 Gig (2x512MB) Patriot DDR400 PDC1G3200+XBLK

I haven't had any time to look into it yet, but I'm getting the random reboots and occasional freezes. Any help would be appreciated.

Marek21 said:
I'm having the same problem with my brand new memory.

System:
Intel 3.2E
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe Mobo
1 Gig (2x512MB) Patriot DDR400 PDC1G3200+XBLK

I haven't had any time to look into it yet, but I'm getting the random reboots and occasional freezes. Any help would be appreciated.

I have replaced my memory with OCZ plat rev 2 3200. 1gig 2x512

It seems to run stable at 2-2-2-5 2.75v but if I make any changes to the voltage it will just power off randomly while playing games ie BF2 WOW.

Any help ?

See sig for system stats

Sentential said:
Have you tried 3-3-3 with 1T? Perhaps the problem lies with your motherboard, specifically the command rate.

Right now I have it stable at 2-3-3-5 1t 2.7v. Or at least it has been for 3 hrs so far.

I have contacted enermax and they are sending me a new PSU overnight to see it thats the issue. Soon as I raise the voltage it starts all over again

Possible but this is the 2nd set of memory. 1st was corsair xms3200c2 pro and now the ocz plat 3200 r2.

And the corsair is running in my wifes computer just fine. :bang head

Back