• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone know how much more business Newegg has gotten since Jason showed up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

Does anyone know how much more business Newegg has gotten since Jason showed up?

I mean, he's like an angel of mercy delivered, in a world full of faceless corporate enterprises, he's the face. He's like neo, taking on Agent Smith(Where Agent Smith is other online retailers)

How much business do you guys think Newegg has gotten, now that Jason is here to make a difference, and be a hero for all of us?

I think him being here is a very nice feature, and I think it was a good idea for Newegg. That being said, I don't think he necessarily added business, rather than encouraging repeat business with good customer support, which is his role. In that amount, I think he has caused many who may have stopped shopping at Newegg to have their problem solved and had them come back again for their future online computer needs purchases.

It's hard to measure the financial results of good customer service reps. From a pure cost viewpoint, good customer service is a major expense. But I must say that NewEgg got where it is today because of their outstanding customer service.

So even though it might cost them a few bucks here and there, it definately pays off in the end with customer satisfaction, which results in a level of customer loyalty that few online retailers can brag about :D.

I'd say what Jason's impact on Newegg business is he puts out fires. This is a large community, think of all the times you see a negative review of a place, and you then deceide "I'm not buying from that place". From reading many of the stories here, Tigerdirect would have to run a HUGE deal to get me to buy something there.

Just think how many times since Jasons been here has someone had a something not go right, Jason steps in, then the person with the problem posts how great newegg and jason are. Complaints just end up being more tales of how great the egg is.

So thanks Jason, your doing a great job.

Scott9027 said:
I think him being here is a very nice feature, and I think it was a good idea for Newegg. That being said, I don't think he necessarily added business, rather than encouraging repeat business with good customer support, which is his role. In that amount, I think he has caused many who may have stopped shopping at Newegg to have their problem solved and had them come back again for their future online computer needs purchases.

WOW. I don't think I, or anyone, could have said it any clearer.

Back