• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4400+ w/ pc4000 which divider

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegrouch

ok ive got my computer working but im now trying to overclock a little. ive been trying to boot my mushkins at 250:200 the 05/04 divider but my computer will not boot it just keeps beeping. this was with mushkin redline pc4000's. my understanding is that these speeds would be stock, i had the voltage at 3.3 does it need to go higher. i have active cooling on it too.

You may of just typed it backwards but 250/200 means the cpu is at 250 times the multi and memory is at 200. If you did set it that way then most likely you OC'd the cpu too high which would result in a no boot.
What board? processor? Need more information on your setup.

i got the dfi lan party ut sli dr, mushkin redline pc4000, 4400+ x2. I thought that the new dividers allowed ddr 500 to run on the x2 w/o being overclocked.?

bump ...

how do i get my 4400+ x2 to run with ddr 500 ? i have the proper memory pc4000. whats going on. i know the dfi is picky, is there something else i need to do

DFI does have dividers to run the memory higher then the cpu. Your memory timings may need to be adjusted.You should start with a smaller overclock on the memory. Lower the multi on the cpu and run the mem 1:1. Raise the HTT 10 mhz at a time and then run loop memtest for errors. Make sure you lower LDT. set it to 3 to be safe. After you find the right settings to run the memory then set the cpu back to normal and run the memory with the divider.

Before you can get XP4000 to run with rated speed of it, you need to play with the timings a bit, as also with voltage and make sure you have a proper cooling for them. If they get too hot, they generate errors right away.

Here's a list of timings you should try out:

Tcl: 2.0
Trcd: 2
Tras: 6
Trp: 2
Trc: 7
Trfc: 15
Trrd: 2
Twr: 2
Twtr: 1
Trtw: 1
Tref: 1168
Twcl: 1

You can also set these:
Max Async Latency: 7ns - 8ns
Read Preamble: 5ns - 6ns

Other settings can be left to "AUTO" value. If you get timings like these stable (yes, they usually are stable), and you want to try to get even more performance out of these babies, you can set Trrd to "0" and try out how they perform after that.

Keep us posted and I will help you as best I can :)

ok i put in all those timings and upped the volts to 3.3. so far im @ 10*250 on stock cooling. and to my suprise not my ram or cpu is getting much hotter than at stock speeds. im runing a prime 95 toruture test to check for stability. then im gonna shoot for 2.6, 2.7. Is there a better way to reach my desired clock i.e. (9*288 or 10*260 or 11 * 236 ). thnaks for hte help so far.

Back