• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some help tuning my OCZ gold PC2-6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtatdsm

for some odd reasons I am not able to reach 6k in sandra memory bandwidth. I mean this is at 320FSB (P5wd2) and DDR2 at 800 with stock timing (5,5,5,10) the most I got was something like 5700 or so, I was getting more than 6k before with my other board/memory P4C800 e dlx/OCZ gold DDR500. am I doing something wrong?

I have 2x 512 of these in dual (yellow slots)

does that sound right to you guys, I have seen people getting way more than 6000 with that board but not the same memory tho, I tried tighting the timing and I did not get much better scores too :( I am using sandra 2004, should I use the 2005?

oh this is with 660 overclocked to 4.34 (310x14) if that makes any differents.

thanks

hey Steve.

I guess I found the problem. I was using sandra 2004 and for some reasons it would give me a very low score, I then switched to Sandra 2005 and my memory bandwidth seems to be all better now (i am now getting about 7300 buffred running the memory at DDR770 with 308 FSB with 5-5-5-7 timing at 1.9 volts)

the strange thing is, this memory is very sensitive to voltage, I mean u can't just up the voltage and things will be good, it's like it would run perfect at at 5-5-5-10 DDR800 with 2.0 (1.9 does not do it), but if I was to take it up a few FSBs it won't even boot, so I up the voltage to 2.1 and nothing happens, run tighter timing and it will boot but not stable. to make the long story short, this memory does not like anything other than perfect voltage for it to run stabe, nothing more and nothing less, and to be honest this is kidda hard with the memory setting I have in my P5DW2, it needs voltage settings that you can raise by 0.1 volt and not 0.5 or even 1 volt, so if I was to raise the voltage to make the stystem boot, I actually have to tighten the timing to make up for the additional voltage. oh and one more thing, these will not run at anything other than 2.1 volts, and in my case, they will not run at any speed more than DDR810 since it will need more voltage to run faster, but at the same time it just won't even boot at 2.15.

I guess I will need more time to get to understand their needs :rolleyes:

Back