• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error o.O

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
Anyone know what the below picture of my error was? Even have an explaination?

Background: I got some alright memory(DC Kit) and had my other stick out. After testing the two stick would work and were stable. I felt frisky and installed the old stick. Upon booting I got this. I took the stick out and it works as it should.

error5tp.jpg

This looks completely unlike any error I have seen.... when does this appear? Windows? Linux? After BIOS?

If I try and get past POST. My OS is actually XP Home. It does this prior to the boot strap loading up. I am 100% stable(well as good as MS get anyways) with the module out.

It has me stumpered too.

Congrats on green bro. :thup:

I don't have a floppy installed. I might have to go buy one, I donated the last one I had.

Ok I went and obtained a floppy. No errors on the new sticks, tunnign great. The old stick by itself fine, even @ 247MHz. Put the two together, the same error. I even fiddled with the timings to try and stablize it. No go!

I am truely stumped.

You know the OCZ are dual and the low grade is AMPO(single). I think that may be the case here. Guess I will just have to sell this stick off or save it for an emergancy ration.

Iam going to just bump this RAM to the tested 2-2-2-5 I got it to and stay on the 1 gig setup, and not try for the 1.5. Thank you David for your help. :D

Last edited:
Back