• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ir_guard

Registered
I have my barton running at 11@200.
My problem comes when i try to move my fsb over 200 my computer locks solid and i have to reset the bios.
And for some reason my ati 9800 pro acts up if I do push past 200????

although i am currnetly running faster than a stock 2500 barton I know i should be able to get more out of this system.

I have even upgraded my psu to a thermaltake 480.

any tips/help to push the ram past 200????? or should i say that's all folks :bang head

My A7N8x Deluxe will clock to about 205MHz. My understanding is that the poor passive NB cooler and an older bios are issues that can slow you down. Also, what is the quality and timings on your ram?

sweet

well my ram is samsung ram with the tccc chips on it

i picked up a great program called clockgen and it lets me up the fsb in windows right now i have it at 225 X 9 so far so good the great part is if i bump it to high it locks windows and all i have to to is hard boot and bios is still at original setting

http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

i got a modded bios and can bump my vram to 2.9

Back