• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new mushkin sticks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blarf

how about hose new mushkin sticks on their website:

http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?ID=239

eXtreme Performance 2GB (2x1GB) XP4000 3-4-3-8

duonger, what chips do they use??

would they overclock nicely?? better than that last batch of pc3200??? how about compared to those balistix??

i'm very tempted, i've been using mushkin since i started building my own computers....

i think i'm gonna buy a pair and try it out..................

what you guys think about those? should i go for them?? i mean that's lots of money but i've been wanting 2 gigs for the past 2 months....reading and reading posts and stuff.........

Last edited:
Lookey lookey! They've slapt those new heattrappers on them I've heard about. :)

Probably highly binned Samsung UCCC as ICs. :-/

is it worth the $330 or i should wait until they hit newegg or something?

Sentential said:
That is very good for 2GB of ram.
Because two 1GB dimms don't stress memcontroller any more than two 512MB dimms, I'd say 270-300 at 3-3-3-x for 2GB is very good.

16 out of 22 kits go above 250 3-3-3-x (some even CL 2.5) in XtremeSystems 2GB-thread, up to 300MHz.

But they'r all Crucial's Ballistix with Micron -5B D.

should i get the ballistix or the new mushkin??? and also if i get the mushkin, should i wait until they hit retailers or i should buy from the manufacturer?

manufacturer usually more expensive. The same Ballistix sticks direct from Crucial is 400 dollars for 2x1gb

They seriosuly need to get some reviews out for this stuff. I love the new heatspreaders and will definatelt pick them up if they are on par with the ballistix. Would be perfect for my new build.

Back