• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crucial ballistix question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Ok, iv decided to hop on the 2gb (2x 1gb) module action, and im gonna go for crucial ballistix....however, im undecided about whether to get regular ballistix or get ballistix tracer - is there a real difference between the two except for the flashing lights? my case has no window so the lights mean squat to me (tho i prefer the black heatspreader to yellow), i was just curious if the tracer had better binning and thus a better potential OC than regular ballistix...or if the lights hampered the tracer's OC - iv read the ballistix flys with voltage up to and beyond 3v - would the lights prevent using that much voltage? is im obviously looking to push these to their limits.
In short -
if theres no difference between the two OC wise, and the lights wont hamper voltage use/OC il get the Tracer (cos i hate yellow), and if the tracer is better binned il definately get the tracer.
If the lights interfere with OC, or the regular OC's better il get the regular ballistix and live with the secret that a component in my case is yellow ;)

Iv checked the xtremesystems thread on 2gb and opinion seems to be mixed.....anyone help?

Back