• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5AD2 vs P5AD2-E - Modding the P5AD2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eduncan911

Ok, I was one of many suckered into Asus' promotion of that P5AD2 Premium supports 1066mhz FSB (said it on the website!). I got it, popped in a 560 and could never get about about 240mhz on the bus, 250 or so with the CPU unlock. Then I read where the P5AD2-E was coming to the states in a few weeks. I got ****ed cause it was said this board fixes the bus speed issues to get over 800mhz. Then Asus removed the 1066mhz advertisement from the P5AD2 Premium, and stuck it on the P5AD2-E.

I got my P5AD2-E Premium, popped in the chip, and immedately got 280mhz out of the bus with cpu unlock without touching voltages (set to auto for all). Some some tweaking, I'm now at 300mhz bus (1200mhz FSB).

So, cleaning out my closet for another ebay run I ran across my P5AD2 Premium just sitting in a box.

So I got to thinking, "What exactly is the differences in this board? Why can't it support higher bus speeds?" I think I read where the VRMs on it can't support the higher speeds/loads or something.

ANyone modded their P5AD2 Premium to support these faster bus speeds? I've got it jsut sitting here and unless I can do something with it, it will either end up being my MCE 2005 mobo or an ebay item.

Any ideas?

P5AD2-E on LF, P5AD2 on RT

Last edited:
Only real difference is one is 925X the other 925XE
The 925X has 800Mhz FSB and the 925XE has 800 or 1066FSB, in plain words a fixed chipset to deliver what it was intended for.
Plus the additional lock on pci/pci-e thats in the 925XE chipset.

925XE = PCI/PCI-e lock and 800/1066 FSB
925X = No PCI/PCI-e lock and only 800FSB

In summary, the 925XE is the fixed 925X chipset. :D

//Christian

Back