• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4c800-e Dlx?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I am considering buying one to replace my P4P800-E DLX, would i achieve better clocks with the 875 chipset? I understand it doesn't undervolt as bad as the P4P800 board. I guess my question is would it be worth the upgrade? My chip overclocks very well so i was curious to see if it would do better in the P4C800?

Well, you might get better clocks consitering thats a prescott, and the P4C800 has stronger MOSFETS, etc. You could give it a shot, but I dont think you should buy another 478 board, I would save up for LGA775. If you are satisfyed with your P4P, id keep it. gl hf.

Yeah your probably right. I am happy with the board and chip, my next setup is going to be a 830 dual core i think. BTW, i was just a couple of minutes late with purchasing your P4C800 fully volt modded!!! DOH! I really wanted that thing. Oh well, i guess for now i'm going to lap my pressie and i'll just keep this rig as a backup when i build my next one. Thanks for the quick reply. :)

i had a p4p800-e and upgraded to the p4c800-e.. way better seems way more stable.ive oc'd a bit but not realy pushed it to the limits.. let me know how you get on.. i want more out of this. but still learning about oc

Back