• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2+660+OCZ PC2-6400+7800 GTX=Mad Action

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtatdsm

P5WD2+660+OCZ PC2-6400+7800 GTX=Mad Action (not 56k friendly)

or at least I would like to think so :p

It took me a couple of days to get this rig set up and have most of the bugs sorted out. now I am very happy with the results.

here is a list of what I have.

hardware
- P5wd2 (bios 509)
- intel 660
- OCZ gold PC2-6400 memory
- OCZ 520 PSU
- 74 gb Raptor
- TT shark case
cooling (externaly mounted)
- Original G4 waterblock
- MCW50 GPU block
- 2x MCP350 pumps is series
- 2x dual heatercores
- 4x tekchein 120mm fans for the heatercores

for now i am working on the memory since they seem to be very hard to work with, I guess i just need more time to understand their voltage needs to get the best out of them.

here are screenies you guys might like.

bestsandramemory9kb.jpg

448superpi0pd.jpg

4621119ub.jpg

sandracpu7zl.jpg

so what you guys think?

I have a couple of questions for those of you have have this board!

running at 308 fsb requires messing with chipset or fsb termination voltage?
also is this board known for reporting higher temps than the actual temps, I am asking because my 660 at 1.425 in the bios (4.3ghz) is running at almost 47C full load on water (with the same watercooling setup I was getting maybe 40C max with P4C800 e dlx and 3.2E @ 4.0 with also 1.424 vcore in the bios)
one last thing, does anyone know why my memory will not run at anything above 2.1 volts no matter what speed or timing I set it at, it just won't boot at all?

you guys take care now

Last edited:
How about 1 to 1 ratio ? I am about 200 Points lower then you in sandra at 280 1 to 1

man, you are right, I actually got better score running 1:1 with lower timing. I actually broke 8k in bandwidth :p

here they are

bestmemorysandraever9wd.jpg

my.php

bestaqua7kn.jpg

Back