• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Redline PC 3200 or PC 4000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deception``

Ok gentlemen (and any ladies out there):

I'm looking to go back to low latency within the next week or so. Currently, I have my eye on the Mushkin Redlines. My question is this: will the PC 4000 pack give me a better chance of hitting 250 HTT ~ 3.3 volts? I'd like to take advantage of the low price of the PC 3200 pack, but I don't mind paying a little bit more for more performance. For reference, the sticks will be cooled primarily by my SI-120 with 120mm fan, but I will add a small cfm fan if necessary/space allows.

deception``

There's always possibility that you can push the PC3200 set to PC4000 with 3,3V volts, but you have one minor minus here, you loose your warranty when you use 3,3V with PC3200 kit.

With XP4000 kit, you will get that major plus cause you can pull the volts all the way up to 3,5V and you still have your warranty. It requires active cooling but as you stated I assume there will be no problem with it, so I'd say go with XP4000.

What I've been reading, seems like people have pushed their XP4000s all the way from 260 to 270. So if you're lucky, you may end up getting kit which can do 270 with those nice 2-2-2-5 timings :)

Still, it's your pick but I'd personally take the XP4000 over the XP3200.

I would also take the XP4000, it would be worth the little extra to have the guaranteed clocks plus still having a warranty. I have gotten my ram up to 265 fairly stable.

Back