• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paypal's services SUCKSSSSSSS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCOC

Registered
I have bad experiences with Paypal service and do you feel the same way.? I'm thinking about bye bye them to go to another service for not treating customers right.

does anybody hear anything about google's payment service.? if you use Ebay, how do you pay or receive payment from your customers.?

thank you

Hmm i have approx. 80 ebay sales, 95% of them through Paypal, never had a problem.
Paypal has even taken care of a couple scammers for me without my having to do a thing :)

ive used paypal quite a bit so the only thing i can say thats bad about them if your selling something accept a confirmed address only. Ive lost 2 payoffs/payments(sold d2 items in the past) because i was being a nice guy, so my point is only ship to confirmed addresses, tangible items only.

i use personal checks, money orders, bidpay, etc.. i stay away from paypal because i have to foot 3% fee, and their privacy policy is quite shady. a guy i know had 500 dollars locked in there because of "suspicious activity" they never provided any details, or anything.

Lionsault_100 said:
i use personal checks, money orders, bidpay, etc.. i stay away from paypal because i have to foot 3% fee, and their privacy policy is quite shady. a guy i know had 500 dollars locked in there because of "suspicious activity" they never provided any details, or anything.

Yeah I had an account get closed due to "suspicious activity". I never got an explination either. The good thing is I don't keep money in my paypal account. So, I just opened up a new account. However, I agree I would like to see a new electronic payment system. Google has everything else...hopefuly it will only be a matter of time before they come out with an electronic payment system...lol

thats strange 500 locked in? you should call them up and demand your 500 back. The only problem i had was with selling intangibles and the scammer did a chargeback. I will switch to bidpay for selling anything on ebay now.

they give it back to you in the form of a check 6months later.. but its still very shady business.. in their privacy policy they can keep all the money in your account.. they arn't an actual bank so u dont get the same protection as u would from a real bank.,

isn't paypal free? At least it isn't like Western Union, which isn't made for trade though, just give money to people you know.

I juist had my first bad experience with paypal
I bought something from the classifieds and when I got dudes paypal info , he transposed 2 letters in his email. so I sent to wrong person . I cancelled , but in their instructions for that they say just send again, with the right info , so I did that and now paypal is holding the400 I sent the first time and they sent out the 400 payment . I cant take THAT kind of hit in the pocketbook , I am financially cripple at this time , all becouse of WONDERFUL Paycrap I mean paypal.
Idiots IMO

their privacy policy is just too shady, and you cant call in to get answers you need (just like ebay).. the fact that eveyrthing must be solved by email is very backwards. it's too shady.

the core logic of the system is great, hopefully google picks up on that.

paypal is a great service untill one morning they pull some shady crap on you without explaination..

is bidpay company in US.? I heard about this company BUT i'm not sure about the level of their service. What is your grade for bidpay.?

thanks

Alchemy1 said:
Yeah I had an account get closed due to "suspicious activity". I never got an explination either. The good thing is I don't keep money in my paypal account. So, I just opened up a new account. However, I agree I would like to see a new electronic payment system. Google has everything else...hopefuly it will only be a matter of time before they come out with an electronic payment system...lol

there are a million payment systems already out there - the reason PayPal and Ebay are so close is because Ebay owns PayPal

you have

www.neteller.com - #1 competitor to Paypal - FAR better systems overall.
www.firepay.com (US only)
www.prepaidatm.com
www.usemybank.com (Canada only)

and the list goes on and on and on (working in online gaming you get to know them all)

OCOC said:
is bidpay company in US.? I heard about this company BUT i'm not sure about the level of their service. What is your grade for bidpay.?

thanks

Western Union own bidpay.

you sign up via bidpay - you use your credit card to purchase a money order that BidPay then mails to the customer.

Mr.Guvernment said:
there are a million payment systems already out there - the reason PayPal and Ebay are so close is because Ebay owns PayPal

you have

www.neteller.com - #1 competitor to Paypal - FAR better systems overall.
www.firepay.com (US only)
www.prepaidatm.com
www.usemybank.com (Canada only)

and the list goes on and on and on (working in online gaming you get to know them all)

I guess I should have been more clear. I wish there was something that was more widely used. I know other services exist, but how many people are willing to do a transaction using those other services/have an account with those other services?

I think the thing with Paypal, especially since they are bought out by Ebay now, they are monopolizing the business and so can do anything cos they know Ebay users don't have many alternatives that are widely accepted by sellers and buyers alike.

I have had my accounts suspended TWICE for suspicious activity, one cos when I was over in Singapore visiting, I logged in to check my balance and it detected an "out of country log in attempt" and suspended it...I had a few hundred bucks locked in for a few months before they released it after I faxed over my life (ss card, passport, driver's license, itenary) to them...

The 2nd time the SAME account got suspended was when some ebayer paid me via fraudulent funds...his account was suspended, but while I already sent the goods, mine got suspended too..so I was out $190 and the mobo/cpu combo...

Paypal has several websites dedicated to their demise, they're just big enough not to care

Bidpay.com is actually pretty good, just not "instantaneous" like paypal, and costs a little more..

BTW while Paypal has a system in place to flag possible fraudulent deals, like deals over $500 or if a seller receives more than $1500 in a month (based on history) etc etc Paypal has someone to look over those deals instead of the system approving it...this person is the reason behind many "unexplained" suspensions or reversal of funds etc.

However, a friend of mine's friend worked for Paypal and quit about a year ago, said Paypal (after Ebay bought them out) was going through LOTS of scams with fraudulent credit card's for tens of thousands, and the Paypal administrators (the people who were supposed to look at the deals) were IN ON IT! None of this info is public because it would hurt their IPO if people heard thousands were scamming Paypal...

Last edited:
Mr.Guvernment said:
Western Union own bidpay.

you sign up via bidpay - you use your credit card to purchase a money order that BidPay then mails to the customer.

1-how much does it cost me to let Bidpay mail money order to my customer EACH TIME.?

2-how long will my customer wait for the check.?

3-do they deposit money directly to your bank account.?

thanks you.

1. now sure, havent used them for a while - have to check their site

2. depends what shipping option you choose for it to arrive

3. no, you receive a money order you must deposit.

Back