• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot Flashing BIOS is OK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ochungry

Well, my chaintech S1689 (ULi M1689) can only go as high as 232 CPU FSB, and no Ram v setting. So I decided to look around. I saw Gigabyte's GA K8U-939 w/ ULi 1689 and award BIOS. checked it out not much difference. 2 weeks ago Abit puts out, UL8 mobo w/ Award BIOS same version as mine. I hot flashed it with /f key (a:\awdflash.exe ul_810.bin /f). Sure enough it worked. post shows ABIT mobo and all the BIOS functions I wanted. CPU goes as high as 400 fsb and voltage setting for cpu and ram. I felt great and it works.
Only one problem thu. the cpu voltage on PC health shows no voltage and no temp. Abit has 4 fans "pins" but chaintech only 2- could this be the reason? Everest shows it correctly when I am in winxp.
and what it AbitEQ anyway?
does 50mv for cpu means .5 volt? or .05volt? cpu vcore setting change is like this cpu default + 50mv(up to 200mv) does this mean if you add 50mv it brings it to 1.44+.50=1.94 or 1.44+.050=1.49 ?
Your help greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back