• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Technical Support Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sentential

Contributing Member
Ive been given the go-ahead by Doenger do go public with this. :) If you have any questions and concerns about Mushkin Enhanced Memories you can now direct them at me now; both here and chat :D

AIM: Sentential03
MSN: hallampg yahoo.com
Y!: hallampg yahoo.com

In addition Zebbo's contact info is here:

Aim: Zebboye23 | MSN: [email protected]

In addition I will be doing pre-release testing of upcoming retail products from Mushkin. As soon as I am allowed to show them here I shall.

-Sen

Last edited:
Hey Sent.

I am very excited for you man. I know we have had tons of discussion about ram, and you were the one that actually got me to buy my Mushkin Enhanced.

Sorry I havn't been on the forums as much lately, school started back up and I have 5 classes in my new major. Lots of work!!

Thanks Sent.. i have been bogged down with lots of other stuff so I asked Sent and Zebbo to help answer tech questions, customer service on the forums. I will always be around unless travelling. These guys will also be getting our products so that they have 1st hand knowledge and work closely with our tech guys and gal to ensure the right information is represented to the community. If you have any problems or suggestions, please email me as well.

[email protected]

Duonger

Congrats Sent :)

Now could I get some help with my potentially dead stick from the 1GB XP4000 Redline kit I bought? Using DFI NF4 Ultra-D, have there been any stories of how to check for a dead stick or how to 'revive' one? I get 3 LEDs and long beeps when powering on with the DIMM in any slots, even with both sticks in. If I take said 'dead' stick out, the other DIMM works fine.

I have since flashed to 6-23-3 for TCCD and back using my G.Skill LCs at 9x291.

I was using Bigtoe's 4v jumper trick with my PowerStream 520 up to 3.7v (DMM) on 3.3 rail and 3.4v (.02v disable) to the RAM when this happened. The computer was powered off (PSU cable left in, PSU rocker-switch in ON position). Came back 24-36 hours later and 3 LEDs of death. Is this the imfamous 'cold bug' that has killed this RAM for other users? I was sure to use all precautions on the Mushkin site and was hoping I could evade such disasters :(

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

ochungry said:
Should we also thank "Reefa" causing this introduction suddenly creeping upon us w/ this thread?

i was asked by the moderators of this forum to make some announcement.

Reefa is entitle to his own opinion. I asked around for help and Sentential offered his time to assist me. He is a full time student as well but reading all the posts he has posted here and other sites, his knowledge of memory, motherboard, video card, etc etc was unquestionable. He has more knowledge than most that I asked to help. My position with Mushkin is changing so I cant be around all the time to help. BUT if this is going to be a BURDEN on you and the readers of this forum, then I will pull the plug on it right away. Sent is here as a favor to me to help answer questions, customer service and trouble shoot any problems that might arise. He does not work for Mushkin. He is here to help me.

If you do not wish this, please email me and tell me so and it will stop.

[email protected]

Duonger

while we are on the subject of mushkin support i need some help badly because the mushkin enhanced pc3200 2x 512 specials (991154) are not working in 4 different rigs i have just tested out. no boots all on diferent mother boards.

i didnt find anything on the muchkin site either that was helpfull and the only other threads that mention 991154 had different problem

Last edited:
thorilan said:
while we are on the subject of mushkin support i need some help badly because the mushkin enhanced pc3200 2x 512 specials (991154) are not working in 4 different rigs i have just tested out. no boots all on diferent mother boards.

i didnt find anything on the muchkin site either that was helpfull and the only other threads that mention 991154 had different problem

What platform? In addition are you getting any post codes? Perhaps its the physical seating of the ram itself that is causing it not to boot.

Have you tried each stick by itself?

yes i have tried them individualy and together and reseated about 100 times on each computer

an nf7 a gigabyte something ( pretty old) and an an8 and another nf7

all systems worked fine before and after with thier other sticks. seating was not a problem with any of the other sticks but on the nf7s2.0 the slot closest to cpu was more snug on one of them but since i have 2 boards and it didint post on either i dont think seating is a factor

the only post codes i got where the long sirens for no memory

on all systems

as you can see im currently in japan and i read the RMA policy on the mushkin site and i dont qualify since i dont have the reciept and you guys dont ship to overseas.

oh i might move to daytona FL Possibly if i get lucky with inlaws parents giving me some money for flight school

kukyfrope said:
Congrats Sent :)

Now could I get some help with my potentially dead stick from the 1GB XP4000 Redline kit I bought? Using DFI NF4 Ultra-D, have there been any stories of how to check for a dead stick or how to 'revive' one? I get 3 LEDs and long beeps when powering on with the DIMM in any slots, even with both sticks in. If I take said 'dead' stick out, the other DIMM works fine.

I have since flashed to 6-23-3 for TCCD and back using my G.Skill LCs at 9x291.

I was using Bigtoe's 4v jumper trick with my PowerStream 520 up to 3.7v (DMM) on 3.3 rail and 3.4v (.02v disable) to the RAM when this happened. The computer was powered off (PSU cable left in, PSU rocker-switch in ON position). Came back 24-36 hours later and 3 LEDs of death. Is this the imfamous 'cold bug' that has killed this RAM for other users? I was sure to use all precautions on the Mushkin site and was hoping I could evade such disasters :(

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

This can be somewhat called as an "cold bug". But there's a fix for this.

Turn power off, take Redline modules out and clear CMOS. Now, if you have a single stick which can operate without problems at 200MHz or lower speed with 2,6V use it so you can get your computer to boot.

Then go to BIOS and set timings you use with your Redlines and bump the volts up to 3V. Now, save the settings and exit BIOS. Turn your PC off but don't clear CMOS, insert Redline modules and turn your PC ono and you should be good to go again :)

thorilan said:
yes i have tried them individualy and together and reseated about 100 times on each computer

an nf7 a gigabyte something ( pretty old) and an an8 and another nf7

all systems worked fine before and after with thier other sticks. seating was not a problem with any of the other sticks but on the nf7s2.0 the slot closest to cpu was more snug on one of them but since i have 2 boards and it didint post on either i dont think seating is a factor

the only post codes i got where the long sirens for no memory

on all systems

as you can see im currently in japan and i read the RMA policy on the mushkin site and i dont qualify since i dont have the reciept and you guys dont ship to overseas.

oh i might move to daytona FL Possibly if i get lucky with inlaws parents giving me some money for flight school
Ill see what I can do. I honestally do not belive all 4 sticks are dead. Frankly Ive never seen such an occurance but its still entirely possible. Sorry you are having such troubles :(

Does the Mushkin Blueline 2x1GB memory kit work flawlessly with the Abit AN8-SLI?

And what happened to the overclock abilities of that memory? Different PCB? And why the silver heatspreader instead of Blue now? Change the name to Silver Line then or whatever.

Streifenkarl said:
Does the Mushkin Blueline 2x1GB memory kit work flawlessly with the Abit AN8-SLI?

And what happened to the overclock abilities of that memory? Different PCB? And why the silver heatspreader instead of Blue now? Change the name to Silver Line then or whatever.

Blueline 2x1GB kit should work without any problems on your motherboard. Can you give the exact P/N number of the kit you are talking about?

offtopic
Sentential, can you please add my contact info to the first post

Zebbo said:
Blueline 2x1GB kit should work without any problems on your motherboard. Can you give the exact P/N number of the kit you are talking about?

What do you mean? I havent bought that memory yet, and I wont in case I cant find someone who has it running @ 1T on this motherboard. Its extremely picky, as mentioned in my other thread here. But Im talking about the Mushkin Blueline HP3200 2x1GB Dual Channel Kit. They dont have blue heatspreaders anymore, and lots of people say that the new sets overclock horrible while the older sets (with blue heatspreaders) usually hit 240 or even 250MHz with pretty decent timings.

Streifenkarl said:
What do you mean? I havent bought that memory yet, and I wont in case I cant find someone who has it running @ 1T on this motherboard. Its extremely picky, as mentioned in my other thread here. But Im talking about the Mushkin Blueline HP3200 2x1GB Dual Channel Kit. They dont have blue heatspreaders anymore, and lots of people say that the new sets overclock horrible while the older sets (with blue heatspreaders) usually hit 240 or even 250MHz with pretty decent timings.

I dont know if it will run 1T either. but the heatspreaders make no difference. like i have mentioned, the last batch of Infineon chips didnt clock well but it ran at our spec or better. Heatspreaders color vary. we are not shipping all the new batch with our new heatspreader.

Duonger

I appreciate the effort, thanks. I could call the Mushkin tech support I guess, but the Crucial Tech support for example didnt have any info on the Abit AN8 boards. Most people buy DFI or Asus.

Streifenkarl said:

I thought that you were going to buy it and I'm truly sorry, I didn't know or had heard anything about Abit AN8's 1T problems. Duonger can get you confirmation about how they perform :)

No problem man, I didnt mean to be rude or anything! :cool: But unfortunately nobody seems to know anything about these problems, maybe its the memory controller in my CPU, that doesnt like 1GB modules? Is that a possibility?

Back