• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good memory went bad...what's next?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FSBxtreme

Hey guys, I had chance to lay my hands on the old BH-6 memory chips on my 1GB of PC3200 Corsair XMS. However, after popping it in and run them on 2-2-2-5 1T at PC3200, it failed memory test horribly at test#1. Switched the modules and tested each, found out they both failed. I put the voltage at 2.7v. I don't know that's enough voltage for BH-6 to run at its rated PC3200 speed.

I have this run on my Athlon XP rig(2nd rig) which has DFI Infinity motherboard and good stuffs.

Anyways, here's a pic of it:

Both versions (v1.1 and v2.1) of those sticks should be BH-6.

See the attached link.

http://www.techpowerup.com/memdb/

I've got a 2x256 set of those that will run 265. I really like BH-6.

Unless there is something wrong with them, those sticks should be able to do PC3200 speeds with 2.7v, I would think.

I don't know about the PCB...it could be different, but I didn't think that Corsair went around changing their PCB between runs...may be wrong on that, it is just speculation on my part.

They always used JEDEC PCB's for the older stuff, right?

Are there different versions to PCB's? What do you think would be the average lifecycle of a particular PCB revision?

Ok. It won't run tight timing like BH-5(2-2-2-5), but this BH-6 sucker can run 2-3-3-7 to 215Mhz front-side-bus with 3.0v. They run 2-3-3-7 PC3200 speed with 2.6v. Not a bad set, all done on 1T command rate. :)

Back