• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot 1GB(1Stick) Ram Overclocking Great So Far!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

96redformula

Patriot 1GB(1Stick) Ram Overclocking POOP

BAH HUMBUG, hitting errors in windows but not memtest!

Although I must say everything is running so much better still going from 512DDR to 1GB DDR. I can max out the games now with no problems and take full advantage of my x800 xt pe.

Last edited:
Hm....I had to back it down to 215x10! Altough Memtest was working fine, WINDOWS was not booting at all. It would reset when windows was going to load. I had to back it back down to 215 to get on windows, which is what I am at now.... Any idea's??? Should I move it to 3-3-3-6 and try that or is something else going on?

Seems It hated the #1 spot on my motherboard, lemme try this again!

Last edited:
Windows still wont load if I go to 220x10. Is this my RAM or Memcontroller causing this?

96redformula said:
Windows still wont load if I go to 220x10. Is this my RAM or Memcontroller causing this?
Most likely its the RAM. Try raising the volts. If is what I think it is, it ought to respond to it very well.

Mate,

You need to loosen that 6 to say 10. Any idea what chips are on the 1Gb set? I'm guessing Micron, but I'm not too sure. I believe the newer Micron's are not very responsive to volts. But that is for you to test :)

I can loosen the timings but it just isn't going to go into windows! I am not sure my motherboard can handle the 1gb RAM overclocking. I have very little oc experience. But it doesn't make sense that it will oc at stock timings 2-3-2-5 to 210 and boot into windows and will have problems in windows after that no matter what!

Super Nade said:
Mate,

You need to loosen that 6 to say 10. Any idea what chips are on the 1Gb set? I'm guessing Micron, but I'm not too sure. I believe the newer Micron's are not very responsive to volts. But that is for you to test :)

they use Infineon BE-5 or CE-6

and guess what.. CE-6 actually performs better than BE-5... strange.. :shrug:

Does your board have PCI Lock? It's probably your pci/agp ratios too high. i have the same prob with my 3000+ going past 2.2ghz it's stable at 2.15ghz and pushes at 2.2ghz. this is because my MB doesn't have PCI lock and that fails at windows boot. my ram is ddr333 and can max at 204mhz. I have generic 1gb single stick RAM.
the RAM timings are not the issue here i don't think.

It is a 754 Epox 3kdaJ, think I got that right....I had it overclocked to 2.4 Gigahertz with the previous TCCD PQI 512 RAM in single Channgel. Another thing to note: My temp was running at 43 idle and high 50's load with it at 2.4ghz with previous RAM. I have it set to 210 now at 2-3-2-5 and my temps are down BIG TIME to 32idle and 40 Load.

Back