• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Recommendation for 3000+ Venice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmrivers

Thats right, i would like some recommendations for some memory.
Spec:
A64 3000+ Venice
EPoX EP-9NPA+

I am looking for under 100 bucks. But with some good overclockability. 2x256 is fine. I dont think it is possible to have 2x512 for under 100 unless it is value.

Right now i am looking at some patriot, i believe they are TCCD here they are: Patriot Memory. As far as voltage this board sports 2.5-3.1.
Thanks.

kmrivers said:
Thats right, i would like some recommendations for some memory.
Spec:
A64 3000+ Venice
EPoX EP-9NPA+

I am looking for under 100 bucks. But with some good overclockability. 2x256 is fine. I dont think it is possible to have 2x512 for under 100 unless it is value.

Right now i am looking at some patriot, i believe they are TCCD here they are: Patriot Memory. As far as voltage this board sports 2.5-3.1.
Thanks.

Patriot XBLK is TCCD. I would recommend 2x512 thu. but if $ is tight one 512 for now and then buy another (same spec) later. But your best bet is patriot 2x512 xblk $159 or OCZ Rev 2 $151(after rebate). both are samsung. patriot is TCCD and OCZ is TCC5. 2x256 is not enough and when you add another 2x256 to bring to 1gig later on, your rams will only ran in 2T and not good overclocking.
ONE WORD OF CAUTION: There are several members here working for ram suppliers and will promote their products at any cost(at your expense). just be weary of what they rave. Just ask if what they promote is what you know to be good (TCCD for example).
Read the post by "Reefa" concerning them.

well heres the thing. i have an nf7, and this is my girls comp. Here budget is right around 500. I want to sneak some good memory to see if 2x256 will work and give here my 2x512. If it doesnt work ill give here the 2x256 back and get here some more later. I wont be overclocking here memory much, just the cpu mainly. I just want to see if i can hit higher with some other memory.

kmrivers said:
well heres the thing. i have an nf7, and this is my girls comp. Here budget is right around 500. I want to sneak some good memory to see if 2x256 will work and give here my 2x512. If it doesnt work ill give here the 2x256 back and get here some more later. I wont be overclocking here memory much, just the cpu mainly. I just want to see if i can hit higher with some other memory.
That Epox is a great overcloker, mixing rams for dual channel is not recommended. look at it this way: you need 1gig of ram (2x512) anyway since 512 is not enough ram these days (specillay for A64, winxp or winxp-64)
and one stick of 512 will not give you dual channel thus loss of performance.
It is best to buy good ram since you already have bought good cpu and mobo.
just buying 2x256 will be a waste of money because later on you will want 2x512. another $70 spent on ram is the wisest thing to do.
But everyone is different. So the ram that you posted the link is a good ram,
to answer your ?

Back