• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR500 ram that won't run at 250mhz, help...... please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I bought 1gb of Geil platnum PC4400 last april just so I wouldn't have to worry about the ram holding me back to reach 250mhz on my old NF7-s and axp-m, but sadly I wasn't even able to match my previous ram, which ran at 230mhz, so then I though it could be the mem controller that was holding me back and gave up on my quest for 250mhz. So last week I build my A64 X2 setup and I was sure that I was going to finally reach 250mhz, well I was wrong and I'm still stuck to 225mhz like I was with the Axp-m. I've tried everything loose timings, the timings the ram is rated to run at, higher vdimm, and there still no 250mhz. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I RMA it? I won't have any money to get a different set unless I'm able to sell my previous setup. :bang head

Back