• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1gb of redlines or 2gb of something else?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fldrice

I was planning on getting a gig 4000 of redlines but now I'm considering getting a 2x1024mb of something else. What do you fellas think I should do? Also, are there any 2x1024 kits of ram out there that can hit 275+ w/ 2.5-3-3-x or 3-3-3-x.

Since you are having a good measure of success with HV memory, why not continue with it? I don't know if anybody is offering 2Gb of HV stuff, so the Redline PC4000 seems to be a good choice.

So far only the BallistiX PC4000 should hit 275MHz and beyond, but not all of them. Luck of the draw. OCZ has some PC4000 stuff too, but I havent heard anything about it yet. Other than that I dont think anything will go that high.

Running 4x512 Redlines will outperform 2x1024 sticks with loose timings. To get them working stable at high HTT (250+) does take time to find the right memory timings.

Yeah but the command rate of 2T just kills your bandwidth. I tried it and even though its probably not noticable in games, I wouldnt go the 4x512 route on AMD systems.

Wow, good link Quest. I love seeing threads that make me proud of not going for 2x1gb. :D

I have 4x512 of Twinmos SP (UTT BH5) in my possession... I should probably give that a shot one day. I use 2x512 right now.

Back