• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the best DDR1 ram money can buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tightest i've seen are 2.5-3-3-8 ddr500

there are several good pair of 2GB kits around

mushkin have 2, OCZ have 2 (PC3200 2-3-2-5 and PC4000 3-4-4-8) Corsair 3200C2 patriot 2GB LLK, Crucial Ballistix 2GB PC4000 kits..

they are all good memory.. and alot of them uses same ICs..

Patriot = infineon, crucial = micron, OCZ = samsung uccc etc..

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67762

just a database u can check..

-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
As the question says, whats the best 2 gig Dual channel pair, in terms of highest overclockability, can handle high voltages, and tight timings all in one. Price is not a concern.
Definatly Crucial Balistix.

I was a doubter before I got this set of 2x1Gb Crucial Ballistics, but they seem to be a perfect match for my motherboard, processor and particular bios revision. My signature says it all. It's hard enough to get 2x512s that'll run 300 Mhz at 2.77V, let alone 2x1Gb modules. That a testimony to the quality of the modules and of course, Crucials ability to speed-bin. They're not cheap, coming in around $310, but that's only $150 per meg of memory capable of 300 Mhz speeds at less than 2.8Vdimm. They actually run cool to the touch. No need for extravagent voltages and active cooling. If you're into extreme power conservation, they run 280 Mhz at 2.67V. I realize I've been bubbling about these in a lot of threads, but it's only because I've had my share of disappointing memory experiences and these are my first real success story. It's hard not to praise them.

Hoot

Back