• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stable Registered memory overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkside1016

corsair overclock

I've be toying around with some ram today and im running active thermaltake cooling on the one module, what would someone recommend i use for a stable oc, currently at 3-3-3-8-2T w/ ECC: Enabled. 2-3-3-6? Or could I push it further? I going to stick in a temperature sensor in while I'm testing.

Last edited:
Update w/ pic and full current timings.

Attachments

• timings 2.JPG
    timings 2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 55
I know this maybe a little extreme but try spd timings 4-3-3-9. That should put you in the 233mhz to 266mhz bandwidth range if your running dual channel.

Thanks, it seems that I cannot lower my timings, when I lowered them to 3-3-3-6 they seem to have reset themselves back to Automatic, I'm positive I saved the settings, I tried it more than once, and when I use A64Tweaker it says my ECC is disabled...and I set it to Auto in BIOS, I've now been able to overclock slightly since I put timings to 1T instead of 2T but I was only adding FSB via ClockGen, and the memory was reading 3654mb/s non-dual-channel, which is by far the highest I have ever obtained, but I've encounted crashes, and don't know wether its the cpu or memory because the FSB overclock does everything.
Is there a way to just increase my memory speed and leave everything else alone? (CPU, AGP, PCI)

I'm going to try adding some Vdimm, and put timings where they are reading at at 3-3-3-8 to a more stable 4-3-3-9 Timings with 1T ECC: Auto, but does that mean 4 CAS Latency? or should I just raise Tras to where it should be, (4+3)+2=9 at 3-3-3-9

Back