• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ r.2 platinum with Epox 9NDA3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmat

Registered
OK, I'm thinking of getting better memory for my system. I love the idea of how a dual-channel ocz platinum DDR400 would work for me---both in terms of performance and price range.

My question is, in my manual for my Epox 9NDA3+ board, it says it supports DDR400 memory...at 2.5v.

This OCZ memory is recommended at 2.75v. Does that mean it will be incompatible with my board?

cmat said:
OK, I'm thinking of getting better memory for my system. I love the idea of how a dual-channel ocz platinum DDR400 would work for me---both in terms of performance and price range.

My question is, in my manual for my Epox 9NDA3+ board, it says it supports DDR400 memory...at 2.5v.

This OCZ memory is recommended at 2.75v. Does that mean it will be incompatible with my board?
You can changed the DRAM voltage in the bios ;)

Yeah, I sw that, but it seems like with this board, it will only let you go to 2.8. Won't that limit the overclock I may want to do with this memory? Or am I getting confused somehow? (Wouldn't be the first time!)

cmat said:
Yeah, I sw that, but it seems like with this board, it will only let you go to 2.8. Won't that limit the overclock I may want to do with this memory? Or am I getting confused somehow? (Wouldn't be the first time!)
Well, TCCD really doesn't need more than 2.9V. Actualy, sometimes it does better with 2.8V than 2.9V. Alot of TCCD will hit 275mhz + on 2.8V.

With only having 2.8V to work with you should really only consider TCCD for overclocking, other memory to check out would be tccd based Patriot or G.Skill.

I have 0cz r2 plat. and my mobo only has 2.85 max vdimm. My sticks will do 270 w/ 2.5-4-4-X timings. I think you at least should reach 250 w/2.5-3-3-X timings.

Be careful. There are OCZ EL Platinum r.2 that are TCCD based (older) and OCZ EL Platinum r.2 that are TCC5 based (current). Get something that is for sure TCCD based for reliable overclocking below 2.85V. Of course, there are the new OCZ EL Platinum Elites that are for sure TCCD and really smoke at lower Vdimm, but you will pay more for them.

Hoot

you can check whether it's TCC5 by looking at the sticker on the modules.. it should have a small 1.1 on the sticker..

and TCC5 does not generally need more voltage than TCCD.. i have 2 pairs of TCC5 now and at less than 2.9 one of them did 260-270 and the other did 280 already..

TCC5 aren't THAT bad..

I have a set of the OCZ rev.2 DDR 400 Platinum and It IS AWSOME

I can run 250fsb @ 2.5-3-3-6 with out any trouble

also you can run at 2.8v all day long and it wont void the warrenty !!

Its great stuff.....I price is good too

babyelf said:
you can check whether it's TCC5 by looking at the sticker on the modules.. it should have a small 1.1 on the sticker..

and TCC5 does not generally need more voltage than TCCD.. i have 2 pairs of TCC5 now and at less than 2.9 one of them did 260-270 and the other did 280 already..

TCC5 aren't THAT bad..

Im at 288HT 2.5-4-4-8 with 2.8Vdimm, 2.9-3.0 didnt help.
I might b able to hit 300HT with correct RAM settings.
So id say, get it. U wont b disappointed. If u run into problems
u can contact SteveOCZ.

try different bios and relax ur max async latency.. might help .. is it 300mhz bootable?

Fantastic feedback everyone. Did anyone buy their memory from Newegg? Does anyone know if this is TCCD?

here

Back