• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Legion2005

Alright, I dont know much about RAM. About all I know is the size and speed. That CAS latency and **** confuse me.

Anyways, I posed about this same subject probably 6 months ago. I need new RAM. I never got around to buying what people were suggesting, and I am guessing what I was going to buy is outdated already ;). It was some OCZ stuff.

The reason I need new RAM is because currently I have 1GB of Kingston Value RAM (400). Its not meant for overclocking. I got about an extra 20MHz out of it, then I had to take it down to 333 so I could up my FSB (or whatever its called on my 754).

So, I dont want to get too expensive. I dont want to spend any more than $200. Anything less would be great, but I understand paying less usually means it wont give me what I want out of it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Well by your specs looks like you need some TCCD/TCC5's since they will give you pleanty headroom for OC'ing without to much Vdimm and decent timings.

Some of these should do just fine for you:

Corsair XL's
Patriot XBL's (possible TCCD's meaning it will run on slightly tighter timings and uses less voltages)
OCZ Platn Rev2's

You can find all of them at Egg and they will all have stock timings of 2-2-2-5!

Edit... I'll give you the links just in case

Corsair XL's $183
Patriot XBLK's $157
OCZ Platn Rev2's $169

Thank you... I'll look into those in a minute. I can see you know much more about RAM than me. hehe

This is a question kinda out from the blue... but, before I got my blue storm powersupply, I had an enlight 300w. It was a decent PSU before this system. I would get crashes all the time, so I just got the blue storm. My 12v RAIL with the enlight used to be about 11.3 or 11.4. I got this blue storm, and I get around 11.5 to 11.7. Now, shouldnt it be 12v or like 12.2? Is there something Im doing wrong?

Ok, I just recieved this RAM... OCZ Platn Rev2's $169
I start up, and no POST. Restart (cold boot), and I get a message "Overclocking Failed". Alright, so I cant quite have my overclock to what it used to be with no divider. I take it down, then again, then again. I got it down where it was 225 (200 is stock), and it half way starts win2k.... blue screen. Alrighty, lets eliminate something. Put a divider on the RAM (down to 333MHz), overclock the FSB back to 250MHz. Posts, and thats what Im running on right now. Am I doing something wrong? My old Kingston value RAM got up to 420.... ???

Back