• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios/CMOS keeps reseting. P4P800 Deluxe any way to LOCk the Bios.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

I am running Bios 1021 For the P4P800 Deluxe.

I am running a 2.8C pumped to 3.5ghz

Ah hell all the system specs are in my Sig.

It use to be fine never had a glitch 3.5 stable. The problem is not the CPU. But the Bios keeps re-setting back. It takes me like 2 min to go back in and tweak the bios back to the way I want it.

It would not bother me if it did it once or twice, but it seems like almost every other boot.

I have the Ram and AGP voltage maxed. I have the CPU 1.7 don't worry the cooling system I have keeps it rather chilly.

I am looking for a way to LOCK the bios settings. I don't care about doing a hard reset if it crashes, but I don't think it is crashing from too much speed, it is crashed because of a board problem.

I have not done any board mods at all.

My only option might be to get a P4C800 but not sure if I really want to wast my money on another S478/AGP/DDR1 board.

P.S. 3.36 ghz and it is rock stable boots every time. I think that is 240fsb.

Lets see ram is always set 1-1 with the FSB if anyone things that matters. Uhm Video is a Radion 9800

Have your temps gone up as well? With my 2.8C and P4C800DLX, when my room really heated up when i rebooted it would rest defaults, with failed overclock. Sometimes 249 FSB would get me past post. It seems to be system temp related.

To confirm, try this, next time it wont let you boot with your overclock. Shut it download 15mins or so, and then boot it, if it doesnt like you boot with overclock, restart it. If this does not work. Set bios to 201 boot, then clockgen to 250 in windows. That will most likely sort your problem.

Scott.

I forgot about using clock gens.

It is not temp related as my computer is not fed room temp air. Sys temp is usually around 20C and rarley ever sees 25C. It was doing this even when the sys temp was around 8C.

But thanks for the reminder about the asus clock gen appy. I will probably give that a shot again.

Ahh, a slightly different problem then. Just remember to boot at 201, otherwise you wont have agp/pci lock when you clock gen. :)

Also, what bios are you running?

Scott.

Back