• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5AD2-E users using onboard Cmedia sound, help needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deam

If anyone one is using this mobo with the onboard sound, I need your help.

First off, in the Mixer tab in the control panel, there is a Vol section and Rec section, each with sliders. I don't have any sliders other than Wave, SW Synth and CD player, even if I have Line In plugged in. Fine, I thought this was a driver error, so, in an attempt to use my TV Tuner, I used the internal CD audio connection. HOwever, I noticed another flaw which I really need help with.

Even though I adjust the volume of the CD player input, I get NO sound unless I activate the CD player selector in the REC section of the mixer, and turn on the sound. THis isn't a problem in itself, but, and this is where I need others to test, if they can, chaing the CD player volume in the Vol section has absolutely no effect at all on teh volume. Only the volume in the REC section does anything. This can't be the correct operation, so I wanted to know if others had the same problem, or no of a solution.

Although I cannot fix your current problem directly, you might want to concider buying a Creative Soundblaster Live, they are cheap, and this will work without problems, and take some load of your motherboard. :)

Scott.

Back