• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg kinda slowing down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lucidnight

Registered
Anyone else think newegg is kinda slowing down lately? I ordered an 3800 x2 yesterday...wednesday night at like 10:35 and it took till like 5:00 pm thursday for the order to even make it to step 3. It use to be i could order something at like 3 pm and it would be shipped that evening hehe. I was really hopeing to get my x2 today so i could use my nice 4 day weekend the air force is giving up (hehe) to work on my comp, but newegg didn't get my package out..so the usual order one day (wit overnight shipping) get it the next...didn't work :cry: . I know they state 1-2 days on their site, but i guess i've just gotten use to the newegg that moves ultra fast

Noticed the same thing on my order last week, it took them 2 full days to get past step 3....

newgg is the fastest for me from clicking submit order to saying hello to the fedex dude I know on a first name basis cuz he's at my house so much :p

I placed an order yesterday afternoon around 2 pm and it shipped yesterday. I still think they're the fastest out there. Too bad they're not the cheapest anymore, ZZF has really taken that away from them, although sometimes they are cheaper on the odd item here or there.

MRD said:
I placed an order yesterday afternoon around 2 pm and it shipped yesterday. I still think they're the fastest out there. Too bad they're not the cheapest anymore, ZZF has really taken that away from them, although sometimes they are cheaper on the odd item here or there.

There shipping is expensive, but I dont mind at all paying a bit more for the EXTREAMLY fast proccessing from a awsome retailer. The extra is totally fine with me, IMO :)

Newegg rocks, lol, next time I order something, im gonna get a newegg logo, and stick it on the window of my blazer, woot :cool:

ZZF ships 2 day air for no charge, but usually the longer processing time makes their stuff arrive around the same time as the fed ex super saver does from newegg. However, ZZF is still free.

I just ordered from newegg at 1am on friday and its now 2:37am monday and my stuff is already in my state ready to be delivered later today :> I also ordered the rest of my computer parts from sidewindercomputers, ati, and ewiz and all they've managed is to charge my credit card and electronically submit the shipping details;/

newegg is under new command and will be fully changed over by the end of the year thats why it seems "'slowed down" you best bet is finding a local reseller and belive me the prices you see online are marked up evn on ZZf and EGG

PcDoctor said:
newegg is under new command and will be fully changed over by the end of the year thats why it seems "'slowed down" you best bet is finding a local reseller and belive me the prices you see online are marked up evn on ZZf and EGG

This user is a competitor to Newegg and other vendors and I would take his advise with a grain of sand. Since this user is no longer a member here, let's just continue this discussion without his advise.

Silversinksam said:
This user is a competitor to Newegg and other vendors and I would take his advise with a grain of sand. Since this user is no longer a member here, let's just continue this discussion without his advise.

haha

ive had an issue once. my order status had not been updated as quickly as it usuallly is. after still seeing nothing, i emailed them wondering why. before i knew it, the package got to my house.

i emailed em back, actually apologizing for doubting their speedy service. they replied with a thankyou and sent me a free gift. (small plastic cd rack)

hows that?

I'm not saying that NewEgg isn't a great online dealer...just that my last 3 orders have taken at least 2 days to leave. That isn't at all bad, but not as fast as i'm use to from them. NewEgg is still great!! I'll surely keep purchasing from them..i just wanted to see how everyone else was making out...cause bad things come in three's or so the saying goes i think. So my next order should be out the door the same day...lol

SteveLord said:
ive had an issue once. my order status had not been updated as quickly as it usuallly is. after still seeing nothing, i emailed them wondering why. before i knew it, the package got to my house.

i emailed em back, actually apologizing for doubting their speedy service. they replied with a thankyou and sent me a free gift. (small plastic cd rack)

hows that?
Thats top quality service

For me newegg has always been the slowest on the net. I really like buying from them because of the easy rma if I need it but shipping has always been way too slow. Maybe its because of how far away I am from them but either way seven days is too long for my items to arrive imo. Especially because ZZF has free 2 day on almost everything.

I recently made an order from them too.

I ordered on saturday and didn't receive my processor and mobo until friday. Other then that everything is great. Good prices from a place I trust.

I ordered a 16 port switch on Wednesday evening and by midday Thursday I received notification that it was shipped, along with the UPS tracking number. I decided to try their UPS shipping option out instead of the regular Fedex saver because it was around $0.75 cheaper and I have a reliable UPS delivery guy, unlike some folks.

I love the egg! They always get my stuff to me ASAP and the rma is top notch as well. I don't like UPS though as they never seem in a hurry to get to my door. The last 2 packages I had shipped with ups did not arrive at my house till the absolute latest possible time.

Back